Wednesday, November 3, 2010

13 years of fun

As of yesterday, Mat and I have been married for 13 years.  I know I say this every year, but I can't believe it has been that long.  Mat and I met in high school - he was 15 and I was 16.  I will spare you the old pictures.
 
That means that this year, it has been 20 years since we have met.  I have been with him longer than I was without him.  How is it possible that time moves this fast?

In the 13 years Mat and I have been married, we have lived in 5 states (Pennsylvania, Maryland, California, Florida, Connecticut) and have lived in 8 different homes (apartments included).We are expert movers, but hope we are done with that!  We have made tons of friends over the years, but still prefer each other's company above all others.

The last year for us has been trying.  With Finley's diagnosis, we have become more of a team.  It has been stressful, but because we have each other, the year was a lot smoother and easier to deal with.

Mat is the most wonderful husband and I could not be luckier.

-------------------------------------

Yesterday for our anniversary, we did spend most of the day together and kid free.  I had a doctor's appointment, unfortunately, and he was my driver.  About 3 weeks ago I hit my knee when the treadmill fell on me, and it developed bursitis and fluid.  It isn't painful, but just uncomfortable and.....weird.  So after a few consults and trying everything non-invasive under the sun, the decision was made to have it drained.  So since they were going to numb my leg (and it is my driving leg) I couldn't drive myself.  So Mat came long.

 The appointment was well over 2 hours - no idea what the doctor was doing, because he didn't spend all the time with me.  But he did drain it.  I cannot tell you it feels better because it didn't hurt before.  And I cannot even tell you it looks all that better- it is still swollen from the cortisone shot and trauma.  I didn't feel a thing during it - spent the day in a wrap and resting the leg, and today I woke up very sore.and stiff.  Mostly at the injection site - I couldn't even touch it.  But after ice and heat and walking around with a brace, tonight it feels much better.  It is still swollen, but I am hoping by next week, my knee is back to regular size and I can put this all behind me.  Stupid treadmill.

 Arlngton and I were off from school/work today.  It is election day (I hope everyone went out and voted!) so we don't have school.  That is always really cool.  Arlington and I spent most of the morning with my friend Athena and her kids and then we did some shopping.

 Today we went to look for her Christmas dress.  Every year my grandmother Bonnie (her GiGi) buys the kid's Christmas clothes.  Finley is able to just use Arlington's hand me down this year, so GiGi is getting off cheap.  Arlington loves this trip.  I let her try on anything she wants, and have her narrow it down to about 4 dresses.  And then we bring those home, she models them for her dad, and then choses the final dress.  And this year's dress is..........undecided.  She can't pick!

 We had a good time - her style is definitely changing, but I was glad to see her still resort to the conservative dress choices.  She is still so little - it isn't time for those older looking clothes yet.  I still want her to be young and classy.

We also picked up some after Halloween treats.  We found a few costumes really reduced, so here she is modeling one.

Yes  she has purple hair on.

She wanted a wig more than anything, and she chose purple.  Of course.


And it goes SO well with the red princess gown......don't you think?  (eye roll).  I love her flair.

Finley also got a new pair of glasses.  We wanted to get her a back up pair when she broke her other ones, so we went to Walm@art this time and I let her pick (oh Lord).  But she picked well, I think.  We wanted to get a thicker pair, a larger frame, and wider lenses to protect her eyes more.  The last pair do well, but they are a bit smaller than we are comfortable with and she tends to look over them (like a little old lady).

So now we have new glassess.  A little darker of a lense, and a very cute little Finley.


My computer has a new hard drive.  It died last week, and today Dell came and fixed it.  So it is all pretty now, but all of my data is trapped on the old hard drive.  We will be sending it off in hopes of getting it recovered.

Don't forget that THIS THURSDAY is the Spagetti dinner in Connellsville.  Don't miss it!  It is only $5 a person and you get a delicious meal and great fellowship.  You can just pop in, or you can call and get tickets ahead of time.  Either is fine.  There is a large basket raffle (12 baskets!) and a 50/50 and a tip board for a trip to Wheeling through Apple Tours!  Such a cool trip.  Finley's Fighters t-shirts and wrist bands will also be available for sale and there will be information there on LCA.  So please plan on stopping by.  EVERY CENT goes to RDH12 Fund for Sight, so please come by!  The National Honor Society in Connellsville is running the event, and we thank them!  Here is a little slide show of some of the baskets:



See you Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know- with Finley's skin coloring she looks pretty cool in the purple hair- maybe that is her color- love Grammy