Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Never Boring

When I come to the end of my life, I plan on saying "whew!  what a ride".  Life around our house is never dull.

Today was Finley's IEP meeting.  I really don't have much to say on the subject because I felt that it went very well.  Her team is very large, and I think we worked well this morning to come up with some plans for Finley and Mat and I left with good things to think about.  We have to get back together in a few weeks to finish her plan for next year, and I was grateful to be given more time to make sure we get it right.

In other news, Monday Arlington fell at school and hurt her foot.  She was really complaining how much her foot was hurting Monday night, but  - being a dramatic child - I didn't believe it was that bad.  I told her she should rest it overnight and then we could see what the morning brought.

Tuesday morning - she didn't want to put any weight on it.  I had no idea how she would function at school, so I let her stay home and we called the doctor.  We went in for x-rays.  The doctor said that it looked broken, but she wanted radiology to review it.  In the mean time, she was put in a boot - which she hated.


Today she went to school in the boot and did pretty well.  I got the call from the doctor and she wanted Arlington to see an orthopedic doctor and review her case.  By some miracle we got in this afternoon.  He looked at her x-rays and said she had two breaks.  One in her growth plate and the other by her ankle.  So - the boot stays.  The fractures are small, so he wants to check her again in 2 weeks and see how she is.

Fun.never.ends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better Arlington! :(

Anonymous said...

March 19th, 2014

Dear mrs. Jennifer Pletcher, may I call you Jennifer?
I love reading your blog as you know from my comments I really think you and your husband and the kids are a great family! I pray for a cure for sweetheart little Finley girl :) and also that you have a blessed 2014!
Also, I was wondering if you would want to be my Facebook friend Jennifer? I think you are a wonderful mom to your three kids, Matt too!

I can not say enough about God doing great things with our lives in unexpected ways. Indeed, he is giving Finley

Anonymous said...

Please if you wouldn't mind could you post pictures of all of your kids more pictures? I love to see them, they've grown so much since I first started reading the blog! :)

Shayla

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Blessings to you and your beautiful family. I'm your new follower Abby Lai's Nannie❤ and Kate's mom.
xoRobin