Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's A Beautiful Life

So, I could use this blog post to tell you about my not so wonderful day where we got a late start because the two little ones decided that dirty diapers were in order on the way out the door; or that at work my principal called 911 for a little girl without even telling me; that I HAD a child who possibly needed to go by ambulance today; that my boss unintentionally made my principal cry when she sided with me in the "decision to call 911 lies on the school nurse"; that I got chosen to do not one but 3 assemblies tomorrow on some facts on China and teach three Chinese sentences because we are having Chinese visitors this week.

I could fill you in on all of those lovely stories, (and I am sure I will next blog post) but instead, I have decided to focus on the good that came out of last year. I have put together a little video of our kids from 2008. Mat and I love our kids more than anything on this earth. As crazy as they make us, we couldn't imagine going through life without them. When I think about all the little things I mull over each day, I try and remember how lucky we are to have what we have. Our children are at the top of that list. I wouldn't trade our life with anyone (I am sure many of you would say the same about your own lives).

2008 was a crazy one for us. We moved, made new friends, Arlington started Kindergarten, Mat and I started new jobs. I wouldn't trade any of it (except maybe missing our Florida friends dearly). This is the first year in a few years we have not added a new family member. As we watch Finley grow, we realize that with each passing day, we get further and further from having a true baby in the house anymore. While on many levels that is good, it is a part of our lives we will never have again. Soon we will be a house full of unruly teenagers! I kid. We look forward to watching them grow and change.

So today, enjoy the little video I made of our children. They give us A Beautiful Life.

Make sure you have your volume on so you can hear our little song that goes with the pictures! See you Saturday!

6 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

That video is quite possibly one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

What Chinese sentences are you going to teach??

Thelongs said...

Loved the video! Great idea. The kids are sure growing!

anymommy said...

It is beautiful, and so is your family. I think I knew before that they were close in age...but I'm so glad to have met someone else with 'forced twins.' It's wonderful to connect this way.

Lesa said...

Love the video! Very sweet! Sorry you had a rough day, but better ones are on their way....

Happy New Year!!

Danielle said...

That was so sweet! I really enjoyed all of the pictures. What a great way to remember a year!