Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Arlington at School"

Preface - Arlington titled this post. I told her she could call it anything she wanted, and that is what she chose. Here is "her story" about school.

I went on the school bus. I sit with my best friend "E" and we chat all the way there. And then we saw our teachers. And then we sat at our desk. Then we worked. After we worked, we would sit down. After that we would keep working until recess time. We worked on our name and letters and numbers. When it was recess time, we had to bring our lunch box out. After we had recess we go straight to the cafeteria, so we need to take our lunch there. I was pushing the tire swing. One little girl came over and she wanted to push. So she wouldn't let me help her push. I didn't like that.

And then we went inside. And we ate lunch. Before we went inside the cafeteria, we had to put sanitizer on so we wouldn't have to wash our hands. This made our hands clean because we just came in from recess.

Then we went into the cafeteria and ate. I sat next to my best friend "E" and my friend "B". And then I ate a jelly sandwich. And grapes. And then I was done. Then we went back up to our classroom.

On the first day we didn't know we weren't supposed to go into our classroom. We didn't know. And we had to wait until Mrs. M invited us in to our classroom. Then we talked more and we did more work.

Then we talked more and then we did something else, but I forget what it was. We then..........then we........(I forget).......oh! We sat on the carpet. We got to go out to recess again. We get to go out two times a day until we get used to being at school, then we will only go out once a day.

Oh - in the morning, we usually do this song. It's about meeting our friends. I was shy the first time I sang it. My heart was burning because I was shy the first day. But I talked when the teacher wanted me to talk.

We had carpet time in the afternoon. During carpet time we read a book and listened to a......what do you call that thing? Not a CD.......it is a square......(help from mom....) a tape! It was called "Berenstein Bears Forgot their Manners".

Then we came off the rug and I think we went to the recess. Before we went out to recess, we had to get our desk ready so that Mrs. M could clean them. On the second day of school we would get our name tags for our desk.

We don't do the same stuff as the kids in the other grades do. Because we don't want to go to the same place as they do at the same time. (?????)

In my class, I only have Library in the spring. But my friend "E" has library right now. No fair.

On the playground the second time, we didn't have to run a lap. The first time we went out, we had to run a lap around the playground, but not the second time. Some friends run the lap two times, but all the rest of the people like to just play on the playset.

My teacher's bell has a little kid in the grass on it. It is really cute. You should see it. The bell is what she rings when she wants us to stop our work. It sits on her desk.

I sit next to my friend "C" and "P" (FYI - both boys. Lucky me). "E" is not in my class. I am in Mrs. M. "E" is in Mrs. B.

After the second time of recess we go to our activity for the day (like gym, art). On the first day of school, our activity was art. I did shadow puppets in art this day. Wednesday we were going to work on self portraits. Mrs. R. liked my person because it had hearts all over it. It also had a bow. On my self portrait my face was green and red. My right side of my face was green, and the left side was red. I was only given two crayons, so I had to do something.

After our activity, we went back to the room and got ready to go. We got on the bus. I went on bus 3, and on the bus was my friend "E" and "B".

Other things about school in general:

On music day I got to play the triangle.
When I grow up I want to be an art teacher.
I eat snack in the day time. Our snack is in the morning. In the morning I eat snack. In the afternoon, we don't eat anything. In the middle of the day we have a nap time. Because lunch is so noisy, we have to take a little rest in the afternoon. Then we are comfortable to keep learning.

On Tuesday, "E" (a boy in her class, not her BFF) fell asleep during rest time. When Mrs. M tapped in on the back, he was really asleep. He fell asleep in that tiny little minute.

I have a second best friend. His name is "C". I play with him at recess, sometimes sit with him at lunch, and I think he is a very nice boy. He is the same size as me. He also has another best friend, just like I do. And also, "C" best friend is "D" (another girl).

On the first day I met "C", we wanted to be best friend. On the first day! Isn't that neat?

"D" and me are friends too. But "D" is from morning Kindergarten. How we knew each other was from daycare. And so, now I been her friend a long, long time. I am happy she is in my class.

I like my desk. It is shiny and brown. Brownish/goldish. It gives me a quiet place to work. My name tag on my desk has tape overit, so we can wash it and I can't take it off. The name tag has colors, and numbers on it. My desk was too big on the first day, so Mrs. M put a note on it saying it needed to be made shorter. "Go down" the note said. Next day, it was perfect. "J's" desk said "Go up". Before that, J's legs were squished. My desk was up to my chest before it got fixed. "P" liked his desk and didn't want it to be changed.

Mrs. M. sometimes has trouble using the smart board. She has been in first grade for like 20 years. Wait....18 years. Yeah. The smart board wasn't working right. Today a person came in to work on it. We couldn't see really good, and the lights were off. It only works when there is, like, no light. The person came in to try and fix it. I don't know what their name is, but they think my pencil box and scissors are nice. She really likes it because my mom got it from the computer.

Goodbye for now!
Arlington

3 comments:

The Kovalls said...

Pure awesomeness! Did she even breath during this? I love when she says stuff like "then we're more comfortable for learning" - she rules :-)

Anonymous said...

Good "newsy" Blog, Arlington. Your time at school sounds exciting.
Nanny

Frank and Teen said...

This is great! I'm so glad Arlington loves school so much! Hopefully that will continue for the rest of her school days!=) Tell Arlington she had a wonderful blog!!=)