Sunday, January 31, 2010

So How Did It Go? Sunday

Review of last weeks meals. I only got to make 2 of the 3. On Friday we went shoe shopping with the kids after work, and it took too long to make a big meal.

So the Candied Salmon with wait until next week.

So this week I made the enchiladas and the shrimp

Enchiladas - 5/5. This were REALLY good. They were not hard at all, but this recipe is time consuming. It took me several hours to get it ready and I started at 4pm. By 6:30 it was done and ready. A lot of little steps and a lot of ingredients. Bu they were very tasty. I did (accidentally) leave off the enchilada sauce. But it didn't make a difference. After I smelled it I think I wouldn't have liked the enchilada sauce.

Shrimp - 4/5. This were pretty good and really easy. I think that 1) it needed more BBQ sauce for a little more flavore. 2) the bacon DEFINITELY needs to be pre-cooked. I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes before I cooked it in the oven, and it needed more. It was too soft. I also followed the advice and laid the skewers across he baking pan and let them drip into foil in the baking pan. That worked great. It took the whole 15 minutes to bake and it tasted great!

So I hope you try some of the meals. I am having fun trying new things. Casuality of the week - I burned one of my oven mits. I laid it on a hot stove top (that I forgot was hot). Bummer. I really liked those oven mits.

See you tomorrow for Making Meals Monday!




No comments: