Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Will the luggage saga ever end?

I am thinking.........no.

It is Tuesday night. Mat landed on Friday. And we STILL don't have his luggage. He is getting ready to come back from his second trip and his suitcase is still on vacation.

We have called everyday, and every day we are told the bag is coming THAT DAY. And we wait, and 10pm comes (their last bag drop off time), and no bag.

But today......today takes the cake.

I got home from work and there was a message on our answering machine. It said, "This is United Airlines in Rhode Island. I have a bag for Mathew Pletcher and I have no idea what to do with it. Please call us."

Okay. She doesn't know what to do with it? Is this her first day working at an airport? It has been sitting at said airport for 4 days (according to American Airlines). I would like to call her back and ask her this, but alas, I don't get her. I get someone else.

United Airlines - after spending 20 minutes of me trying to explain our luggage problems, tells me that I need to call American Airlines back and tell them to call United and work out how to get our luggage.

Uh........no way did she just say that. So - I had to get grumpy. I explained that I have already talked to American Airlines several times and they assured me that United would be delivering our luggage on Sunday. And then on Monday. And now it is Tuesday. So - what she could do for me is - do her job. I would wait on the phone and she could call American Airlines and sort it out, and leave me out of the middle. Because - really, it isn't our fault that our luggage is not where it should be, now is it?

So - she made the call and put in a request for American Airlines to get the bag and then for us to get it. It sounded like she didn't do anything, but at least I tried.

So - just to make sure, I did end up calling American Airlines. Because - I just needed to make sure she did what she was supposed to do. I get a very nice woman on the phone at American Airlines and she said they did indeed get the message. She couldn't help but laughing about how many airlines our luggage has been transferred to, and that we still don't have it.

Yeah, REAL funny.

Then - here comes the best part - she really started to chuckle and said "you aren't going to believe this. Your luggage is being put on a 6:30pm flight from RI to Hartford Connecticut. Then when it arrives in Hartford, it will be transferred from the United Airlines flight to an American Airlines personnel, and we will deliver your bag after 9pm".

I see why she is laughing. I said "you have GOT to be Kidding ME". She says she wishes she was.

I can tell you this - right now it is 8:30pm. I have my doubts we will be seeing the bag tonight.

------------------------------------------
I don't have any pictures of the kids - I am sorry! With company and Mat being gone, and it doing nothing but rain for 3 days, I haven't had a lot of motivation.

So, I am putting the pictures of Mat's trip to Salt Lake City Utah in below. He took some really great pictures, and I told him I would put them on the blog for him.

All kids are doing great. Aunt Betty is visiting us right now and they are having a great time with her. Arlington has her last Destination Imagination practice tomorrow after school. she is really going to miss it. She really had a great time with it.

So - that is all. See you Saturday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.