Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A good year for flowers


At least so far it is. And I can only say that about my perennials. My annuals - well......they have seen better days. I am not sure what is wrong with them.

I took some pictures of the flowers in our yard. I didn't write their names down, but if you are interested and what to know - leave me a comment and I will tell you! Or even more fun - how about a guessing game??? Leave me a comment if you know what the flowers are!! The person with the most guesses will win a little prize from me. A REAL prize this time. Look out!!! The flower pictures will be at the bottom of this post.

But I LOVE summer. I love getting the yard in shape, and watching the flowers bloom. I love swinging on the porch. Picnics in the backyard. Roasting marshmallows in our fire pit.

Watching the kids play outside for hours on end without begging to watch TV.

I don't even mind the yard work. Mostly. I like making the yard and the trees and the flowers look nice.

We have also decided to excavate another part of our yard. Yes, we are gluten for mowing punishment. But we want a flat area in the front of our yard where the kids can play, ride their bikes, even play basketball at some point. I will take pictures when it is complete. We got a sweet deal from a local excavator, and so we are going forward. It should be done in a few weeks time.

Only 8 more days of school for me, and 9 for Arlington. Cannot WAIT to be done!! The kids are antsy, and really over school. We at least have our field day this coming Friday, so that is one day of pure fun and no work for them. Next week we have two half days at the end of the week, and then we are FREE until September 1st. I can't wait.

The kids are all fine. The little ones will also be out of school for the summer. Their last day will be June 25th, and then they will return when Arlington and I start again in the fall.

Okay - here are the plants. Good luck with your guesses!! Like I said - the person who guesses the most right wins a prize. I will give you a choice - either a $25 gift card from Amazon, or a $25 gift card to Lowe's. Leave your guesses in the comments section!!! Good luck and I will see you Saturday!

Okay - picture #1 is at the TOP of this post. What is it??? (hint - annual)

Picture #2: (perennial)


Picture #3 (perennial)

Picture #4 (perennial)

Picture #5 annual):

Picture #6 (perennial):

Picture #7 (perennial):

Picture #8 (perennial):

Picture #9 (tree):

Picture #10 (perennial):



Picture #11 (perennial - and the flower hasn't formed yet):


Picture #12 (perennial): Hint - this bush stays green all winter, but only gets flowers in the summer:



Picture #13 (tree):


Picture #14 (perennial):



Picture #15 (annual):


Picture #16 (annual):


Good luck! See you Saturday!

No comments: