Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and add farfalle pasta. Cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a serving bowl, and gently toss with the olive oil until all the pasta is coated. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange the cucumber slices around the edges of the pasta. Top pasta with smoked salmon, tomato, and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Monterey Jack cheese and salad dressing to serve.
Original recipe makes 4 servings Change Servings
- Place chicken breasts, Italian salad dressing, Italian herb seasoning, and chicken seasoning into a resealable plastic bag, knead bag several times to coat chicken with marinade, and squeeze air from the bag. Seal and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Pour canola oil into a large cast-iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil until a small droplet of water pops in the oil. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and discard used marinade. Place chicken breasts into hot oil, fry for 2 minutes, and flip chicken.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven and bake until chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 12 minutes. Top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and a tomato slice.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to a serving platter and top each with a basil leaf and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Combine dashi, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil; cook and stir beef in the hot oil until no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in the skillet; cook and stir onion, celery, carrot, and mushrooms until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in green onions, and dashi mixture, noodles, beef, and tofu. Bring to a simmer. Divide hot sukiyaki among four bowls and serve.