Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day/Day off from work

So the election day has ended. The calls will now stop, the signs will slowly be removed from the yards. I like today - I like watching the news and watching the polls come in. But I am also glad it is all behind us and we can now move forward and think about something else! The holidays are coming and I am anxious to get into the season.

I refuse to make this a political blog. I hope everyone got out and voted today and made the choice that they felt was right for them. I feel very strongly about politics, but I know that there are many different opinions out there of people who read my blog and you are all entitled to them. I respect your views just as you should respect mine. But I am glad that my great state of Connecticut (and the rest of New England) was undoubtedly blue 1 minute after the polls closed. I am a very happy girl snuggled here in my liberal world of New England. Not missing Florida at ALL today.

I took Arlington with me to the polls this morning. That was fun. We talked about the election. Who is president now? "The Bush" she says. Close. And who did we vote for today? "Bahama". Not quite. Well, she is 5. I gave her my Vote sticker. She wanted to know why I didn't fill in all the ovals and make it a pretty pattern. :) She is too much.

Today was a good day. Arlington and I voted. Then we had a play date with our neighbor "K". She came over to play with Arlington here at the house. They had a really great time together. She stayed from 9-11:30 and I got a lot done around the house! They occupied themselves for the most part and it was great. I am glad we had a chance to get them together. After the playdate Arlington and I headed to lunch at her favorite establishment. (for my healthy eater readers, I will not horrify you). Then we went to the dentist office to fill out the paperwork for all of their appointments next week. I had writers cramp after that! Then Arlington and I hit Target to get a few things we needed and let her look at the toy section for some ideas for Christmas. She wanted everything she saw, of course. I am looking forward to the day where she is a little more choosy and helps me actually buy for her! After that we went to get the babies at school and then played outside until it got too dark to see.

The kids are all doing well. Staying healthy for the time being - knock on wood! Finley can now sing all of "Twinkle Twinkle" clearly. Every day she comes home from school and says "I take a nap. I nice to my friends". Good deal. She is still the world's worst eater. We are lucky if she eats half of her dinner each night. But we have decided to take the advice of experts and not stress over it. She has always been finicky and right now seems to be eating JUST enough to sustain life.

Arlington said some cute things today. We were sitting having lunch and she was saying how many words "K" could spell. I told her I would bet she could spell more than she thought she could. So I started running through all the sight words she knows. And she could spell them all. No confidence! Got to work on that! (although I must say "K" is one very bright little girl!) But she was spelling and I said, spell yellow. She said "I can spell that one without even using my brain." So funny! What she meant was - she knew it so well she didn't have to picture the word in her mind to spell it. Little kid language is a mystery to be sorted out every day!
Then while we were sitting she said, "I wish my friends 'K' and 'E' could be in our family. We could trade Finley and Cainan to their family". I am sure they would take Cainan but we would have to pay them to take Finley! She does love her brother and sister deeply, but I am sure they get on her nerves. :)

Cainan has not adjusted well to the time change. He is the worst sleeper of the three and I am not surprised that he is getting up early again. Not that I like it! He got up at 5:15 on Sunday, 5:45 yesterday and 5:30 today. UGH! I encourage him to go back to sleep, or at least be quiet, but that only last about 5 minutes and he is singing again. So this morning he got up to play. Hopefully as the week progresses he gets back into his old routine of at least 6:30! With school and it being nice this week where we can go outside after school each day, that should help. I should feel lucky that they are asleep each night by 7:30 and take 3 hour naps still in the afternoon. The morning will be back to normal soon.

So that is about it. Not much in the way of pictures today - I am sorry! Cainan - again - was made to wear a girly costume by his sister. I promise - I put boy costumes on his Christmas wish lists! And on Sunday with it being a long day (with everyone being up at the crack of dawn), we had a large box that we cut up, I traced each of the kids and let them decorate them how they wanted. Arlington drew the faces! The finished projects are....interesting. And I apologize for the pictures - no one was in a picture taking mood so they are not good. :)

Enjoy the pictures and I will see you Saturday!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

Glad you had a wonderful election day. We did as well!! Our daughter Wendy and I voted and she was so excited. Wendy turned 5 on election day so it will be a day she will truly remember!

Glad I found your blog.