Saturday, November 22, 2008

Visitors again/picture catch up

I got my cord back for the camera, so I am going to post all the pictures from the week today. Aren't you excited???

We had a good week. It has been really cold and windy here and that hasn't been fun. But at least the sun is still shining, which lifts the mood! Wednesday-Friday were busy for me at work, and the kids were busy at school. The kids had a Thankgiving party on Wednesday this week, which they really enjoyed. We found out that Cainan loves pumpkin pie! Yum! The kids didn't really slow down their visits to my office until Friday. Friday there was a Thanksgiving party in the Kindergartens and third grade was on a field trip so that helped A LOT. Thursday I did my VERY LAST vision screening. I only had one kid left that had been absent - a Kindergartener. He was cute. There is a plus sign on my chart, and the when I pointed at it he said "American Red Cross/Ambulance symbol". How about that!!! Too much!

I have two girls now that have jobs for me in the morning. They have been working on some decorations for my room. I have put up tons of posters and pictures - trying to cover the ugly walls, but they don't cover it all! The older one is in charge of making me a sign for outside my door with my name on it and a scene of her choosing. We change it once a month to keep it interesting. The other works on pictures since she is a little younger. This coming week we are going to working on a "wishes for the world/what we are thankful for" Kite. We are going to make a big kite, and stretch a sting all around each wall of the room, and as the kids come into the office, if they want to add a wish or a thank, they can, and my two helpers will help me with them. It is going to be fun!

Arlington is doing well. We are still working through all of her books. We are doing pretty good! We found that she really likes our new series - Clementine. We borrowed our second book in that series from the library and she is anxious to get it started. This coming week she only has 2 days of school before Thanksgiving break. She is excited about that!

Finley is doing fine. We made her a ne eye appointment for December 2nd since the last eye doctor was a bust. Finley said her first 12 word sentence "The ice cream place is closed because it is too cold for ice cream." Or 14 words if you count ice cream separately. She is talking so well. She is putting things together and really doing well!

Cainan is doing fine. Starting into the terrible twos I am afraid! He just recently started stomping his foot and really throwing a fit when he is "wronged". It has been tiring! To have two of them doing it - UGH! Actually, Finley doesn't throw too many tantrums. Hers are only related to eating. Cainan's are much worse. Sigh.

This weekend we have company again! We love it! Mat's parents and his brother, Zac, are in visiting this weekend. It has been fun. They arrived yesterday afternoon and will going home tomorrow. A quick visit, but we are so glad they are here. The kids are so excited they are here! Mat and I may take in a movie while they are here. I am dying to see Twilight. So we may go later this afternoon - we shall see! The Penn State game is on at that time, so I am not sure I am going to get my wish. We went out to lunch today, and the grandparents got a taste to see what it is like to take three kids out to eat! Not on their best behavior today and we were all exhausted by the time lunch was over! They also had a chance to see Arlington play basketball this morning, and that was a treat for her.

So that is it. Tomorrow Mat and Arlington are going to see the movie "Bolt". Arlingon's school rented out the whole theater for the 10am showing for the movie and it is free for students and $5.00 for adults. So they are going to go with the whole hoard of kids. It should be fun.

Enjoy the pictures and I will see you on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That's cool about the school renting the theater out for Bolt! I hope they had fun!