Friday, March 27, 2009

Look ma! No coat!


Temperature on Friday: 67. Number of coats – zero. Number of happy people in our family – 5. I did a little skip to my car on Friday afternoon, sans coat. I felt so FREE! When we got home on Friday, the kids were chanting - “Outside! Outside!” How could we resist? We were outside for an hour and a half before I had to drag the kids in for dinner. It was great.





This week went by quickly, and fairly well. I say fairly because Wednesday was not that great. Wednesday STARTED fine – all kids healthy. Mat took the kids to school this day (and was picking them up) because I had my nurses get together. I was looking forward to it. I also had a big meeting this day with the Kindergarten teachers and our principal to start talking about the Kindergarteners coming in next year and what we wanted to share with their parents. At 1:15pm, I was in the very beginning of my Kindergarten meeting when I get a call from Arlington's school. It is the nurse. Great. She has a fever. Wonderful. And a stomach ache and headache. Beautiful. Are you kidding me? I don't have the van with all of the car seats, so I call Mat – nothing. Of course. I am sure he is in a meeting somewhere in Pfizer. I give him one hour, and still nothing. How much longer can I wait? Salem School calls me back. The nurse is very sweet – just checking in. I have no choice at this point. It is now 2:15, I have to leave to go and get her. Poor thing.Here is sicky on the couch:


So I am steaming not happy. My school pulled it together (yet again) and I left. I called my nursing supervisor, and our get together was canceled. I am in the car about 15 minutes and Mat calls. He apologizes, but since I am already going, I just tell him to stay at work and he can pick up the babies from daycare.
I get to Arlington and she is fine. Sick, but doing fine with the nurse. She spent the rest of the day and evening on the couch. Mat picked up the babies – Cainan is warm. He has a fever too. 101. Wonderful. Well, Mat was already going to be home with Arlington anyway Tuesday, so now he has Cainan too.
Thursday morning, we get up, I start getting Finley ready for school. She is super whiny, and – for those of you who know her – whiny is her middle name. But today was excessive. She didn't get any better after eating, so I took her temperature. 101. Of course. Why not? So, Mat's punishment day was about to get interesting. He was going to be home with all three, and he wasn't feeling well himself. But, I have a great husband. He was going to be just fine.

Here is Finley not feeling well:

I called at 11 am to check in, and the kids were a little nuts. The motrin had kicked in and they were bouncing off the walls. Good. That meant school on Friday all around. No one had another fever for the rest of Thursday and all returned to regularly scheduled programming Friday morning.
Friday was fine. Finley is being tortured right now because I am not allowing her to go the the “big kids” (preschool) side of her daycare until she “does her business” in the potty. She is peeing, just fine, but other than that? Just is kind of refusing. SO – no preschool side. She HATES this, however, it hasn't worked yet to get her to “do the deed”. It is so annoying. I am amazed, but even Cainan has passed Finley up in potty training. He is all the way trained. She......is being Finley.
Arlington had a bummer “star of the week” week. She was only there on Tuesday and Friday. But Mrs. O., her teacher, made it special for her. It just figures that she already had a shortened week, that she would also have to be sick as well.
Cainan is fine. Asking more questions lately. They are just popping out of him here and there. It is nice to see him become more curious. And the screaming after Finley takes something from him is getting less. He is more apt to use his words. Progress. His evaluation for special education is coming up in a little over a week. We have our meeting to find out for sure at the end of April. So, then we will have to decide from there what to do (if he doesn't qualify for special education services). Even though he is making progress, I think it is slow AND he is still behind. I would love to use these preschool years to get him on track for Kindergarten.
I took a picture of Finley's favorite baby doll:



Hmmmmm.. Is this what happens to baby dolls when they miss behave? No explanation given by our youngest. I guess it just looked like a fun thing to try.

Arlington and I are reading “Tale of Despereaux” at night this week.

She is really liking it. We are hoping to see the movie once we finish the book, but since it is a cartoon, I am not sure it is going to be a lot like the book. But this is our book of the week. Arlington has been reading more and more on her own. If we come to a word that she isn't sure of, she is getting better of working through it instead of quitting.

Arlington had a birthday party for one of her buddies “J” today. Three parties down, two to go. So far. She loves it. She had a blast playing with her friends. Today was at a large indoor playpark. The kids got to run like crazy, eat snacks, and then run like crazy again. And us mommies got to chat and relax. It was nice to have adult conversation for an afternoon. Makes the party circuit very bearable.

That is about it. Mat is going out of town just for an overnight this week. My friend, Mindy, from work is coming to stay with me. I know – I am a big baby. But she is looking forward to meeting the kids. She is pregnant with her first baby, so hopefully the kids won't scare her too badly!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and enjoy my extra pictures. I was having fun taking pictures this week with the nice weather!


1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

The pictures are so cute!

Tell your pregnant friend to stay home! I had a pregnant friend visit us this afternoon and I think E made her... nervous! Multiply that by three, and I think your friend will head for the hills :-)