Saturday, July 11, 2009

Flowers

So, because I am too tired today to post about our fun day to Six Flags, I am going to post a few pictures of flowers that are starting to bloom around our property. Whomever the old owners hired to put in all the landscaping, the fun this is - everything blooms at different times. It is nice because I always have some flowers - even through October.

Anyway, here are some of the flowers in our yard. Pardon me that I don't put the names - I will have to get back to you on those - too lazy right now to go and look that information up.

I know a few!! The first one are my daisies. These pictures of for our Aunt Betty. Last year she bought me two daisy plants for my birthday. Each plant got three flowers on them last year. It was small, as a new plant would be - with a small bottom, and the three little flowers. I loved that plant. Well, it repaid me in kind this year. Look at the size of this thing!!!



It is crazy big (just the one - the other plant is doing just as well!). I love it. I just can't get over how big it got in just one year.


This is a purple flower that is on three different bushes in our front yard. It will bloom from about a couple of weeks ago until late fall. It is very showy. Only problem it - there are about a million bees on it.


I know this next one - petunia. I don't usually do annual flowers - I have a black thumb when it comes to them for some reason. But this one is doing pretty well. It has a rough start - the deer ate all the first blooms. But now it is happier.


This is another daisy. I got it as a present from one of my students for nurses day. It is a perennial, so I planted it in the ground. First two blooms - deer ate. Finley pulled the third bloom out. But now it has three new ones. Hopefully it will survive the rest of the summer.



This is another annual. I can't remember it's name. It also had a rough start, but I gave it a little more breathing room, and now it is crazy big. The bees love it too.


And the butterflies


This is probably my favorite flower this season (besides the amazing daisies). It is an annual, and I have to look up its name. It has been in bloom since I brought it home in May. It is very showy. The hummingbirds love this one, so that has been fun to watch. I see a couple a day coming in to hang out with this pretty flower.


Isn't it cool? Little bell like flowers.



So that is it. Tomorrow I will post about our trip to 6 Flags. We had a blast and I am tired, so I will see you tomorrow!

No comments: