Friday, July 31, 2009

Vacation comes to an end

Aren't you glad I am done talking about our vacation? I knew you would be.

Friday - everyone got ready and left different times. Mat and I and the kids were the last to leave because we were only going back to the hotel for the night. We left after we fed the kids lunch and drove about 3 hours north to the Natural Bridge.


It was a nice place to stop and let the kids run around. The park was really nice and we had a lot of fun learning about the Natural Bridge. There were even salt petre mines there. We saw even where George Washington engraved his initials in the side of the bridge when he was 18 years old. Very cool.

Hey Teen - here is another quiz for you. Where is this from: "Salt petre - John!!" (10 extra points, if you know the next line of the song)

Anyway........We stayed at the state park for 2 1/2 hours and then continued our ride. We got to the hotel a little later than originally planned, but we just threw the kids in bed, and that was just fine.

Saturday - we headed home. Vacation was officially over. It took us a really long time to get home on Saturday because we hit a ton of traffic in Connecticut. But the kids did great on the trip.

We are still recovering from our week gone and getting back into routine. Well, we were getting back in routine before I left for Pennsylvania yesterday for a 5 day trip with the kids to visit my parents! So we are away again. But I am still keeping up with the blog, so you should be proud of me!!

I will see you tomorrow for another post. (Gasp!) But that will put me back on track.

Enjoy the last of the vacation pictures!

No comments: