Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunt Tricia

We would like to wish our Aunt Tricia a happy birthday.  Today is my sister-in-law's birthday.  She is turning 21.  Again.  And again.  But you are only as old as you act, so that should count for something!

Tricia is the most amazing Aunt to my kids.  She cares for them as if they are her own.  She has been a leader in getting funding for Finley and being there for our family this last year when things were toughest.  She plays with my kids, spoils them rotten, and has agreed to take them!  Just kidding about the last part.  Sort of. 

She is a wonderful parent and a even more fabulous teacher.  Her school is very lucky to have such a brilliant mind teaching those young kids.  I would be honored for my kids to have her in class.  And I know she would be tough on them!  That is what they need.

She is a great mother.  It comes very naturally to her.  But we knew that before she even had her baby.  I won't forget how she came and spent almost a whole week with me after Finley was born.  She flew down all by herself to give me a hand.  I went to pick up our dinner and Finley was sleeping.  She and Arlington were playing and Finley woke up.  She took Arlington upstairs and got Filney and put Finley back to sleep - while she managed to read Arlington a story.  Like I said, a natural.

I wanted to give this post just to her because I just feel so lucky to have her as part of our family.  She has a big heart, and true love for us and our kids.  I cannot thank her enough, or tell her enough how much we love her - especially after this past year.  The kind of person she is really shone through after we found out about Finley. 

She is like no other.  We love you Tricia.  Have a wonderful birthday!!!

Check our Tricia's gorgeous family HERE.

1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

That was so sweet - I just got off the phone with you all and got to read this! Thanks for making my b-day special - love you guys! See you soon XOXOXO