Thursday, September 2, 2010

October 2nd Vision Walk is right around the corner!

I know it is isn't Saturday, but we are ONE MONTH away from VisionWalk in Pittsburgh.  We want to have a HUGE team - so if you want to walk, please contact us and get a shirt.  Or - you don't need a shirt if you don't want one - come and walk anyway!  Wear blue or red and be part of our team! 

If you need a shirt, you can go to www.finleyfighters.com  (HERE) and order one.   Or just contact myself or my mom or my mother in law, Sally, and we will get them to you.  Cost is $9 for short sleeve and $12 for long sleeve at this time.  We need to give the shirt maker a bit of time to make them, so order soon! 

We are SO CLOSE to our goal.  If you cannot walk and want to donate -go to our visionwalk page, which you can get to right from this blog.  At the top right of this blog is the link to our Visionwalk page where you can donate.  If you want to send a check, please make it out to Foundation Fighting Blindness.  We appreciate it!  We will reach our goal, but we need your help!

Our RDH12 Fund for Sight is just about complete and ready for public release!  We are so excited and cannot wait to start fundraisers that will ALL go directly for Finley's particular LCA (and other kids just like her).

So walk with us!  Fundraise with us!  Help us in any way you can.  I cannot believe that I have sent nearly 300 thank yous and magnets for people who have donated to our cause JUST THIS YEAR.  We are almost at $9000 rasied JUST THIS YEAR - total of $14,000 since October 2009.  Amazing.  We have the best supporters.  And we aren't done yet.

I want to thank the Bullskin Lioness club for their AMAZING donation.  We are truly humbled.  And I want to thank my school friends for wanting to do a telethon, and dress down days for our girl.  And my local friends for wanting to fundraise on Finley's behalf.  And thank you to all the schools and friends and family who are doing dress down days at their places of work for Finley.  The list could go on and on and on.  I cannot believe how many of you have contacted us and said "what can we do to help" or "we want to do this for you - what do you think?"  I can never repay you enough.  We owe you.......everything.

"Because I knew you - I am changed for good" - Wicked

So........with that being said, I will NOW see you Saturday!! 



1 comment:

BWJones said...

Jennifer,

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on Jonesblog the other day. I somehow missed it and just found it tonight. Rest assured we are working as hard as we can possibly work on discovery and treatments for retinal disease.

We have assembled perhaps the best retinal research team in the world at the Moran Eye Center and are absolutely driven to make a difference in blinding conditions.

Best regards, and I hope to talk with you again soon.

Bryan