Saturday, June 13, 2009

The pictures that weren't

Yes, I know, I said I would have more pictures this weekend. But I didn't follow through with that. I didn't have my camera handy at the right times this week! I am a bad mommy. I will not even try to say I will do better because I obviously can't keep that promise very well.

A quick week in reveiw.

Wednesday was field day at Arlington's school. She came home telling me she had a blast. She talked and talked about it all night. She had a great time. It is a neat activity they have for the kids at their school where they get to play simple games and get wet and run around and have fun. Her favorite part was getting to eat lunch at the school. She is very excited for First Grade knowing she will get to do this daily.



Wednesday I had another picnic committee meeting for our upcoming school picnic. Things are going really well. We are up to 17 volunteers and the towns people seem to be really excited about it. We are spreading the word and people are excited. I hope we have a good turn out. But we had fun at the meeting. I have enjoyed getting to know a few more parents a little better. I am proud of us for pulling this together with a very small budget.

Thursday was a relaxing evening. For once.


Friday was field day at my school. It was a rainy morning, but since most of the activities involved water, we went ahead. The rain wasn't terrible and the kids had a blast. I stayed outside the whole time and the kids saw me, and I cheered them on, and we had minimal boo-boos. It was great. I had never had a chance to participate in a field day before, so that was very fun. We had two assemblies in the afternoon and then we called it a day. The kids had a fun day. The PTO at my school where I work is always doing these amazing assemblies for the kids - I am always very impressed.

Friday night was my end of year dinner with my nursing co-workers. We went to a cute little Italian restaurant and stayed for 3 hours. We talked very little shop (which was nice) and shared cute stories about our kids. (our own) I have been so lucky this year to have this great group of nurses to work with. We go to Boston in two weeks for 5 days and we are going to have a blast. I can't wait!

Today Arlington did not go to soccer. We missed that this morning, and just stayed home. Mat mowed the lawn, and I weeded. Arlington and I ran to get some groceries over lunch time that I needed.

Late this afternoon Arlington had a birthday party to attend. She had a really great time and the party was well done. One of her best buddies "I" was there. This was a little boys party - we haven't gone to too many of those! This little boy is in her Kindergarten class AND goes to her daycare, so there was a nice mix of daycare kids/Kindergarten kids there. But the party was really well done, and the kids had a great time. I got to talk to a few mommies I don't get to see very often. We talked a lot about the family picnic at the school. They were so excited it was going on and couldn't wait to come. I even recruited a few new PTO members for next year. Ha! But we had a nice time. It was a long party, but Arlington had so much fun that it was worth it.

So that is the week. Today I made fruit skewers for our church picnic tomorrow.



Don't they look yummy? I love fresh fruit and this just seems like fun. Plus, I also love sweets, so I added a marshmallow to each one.


The kids are all doing well. Not much to report now that most of the spring activities are over. We had a very rainy week and couldn't play outside much at all. Cainan did say something cute this week. Had has pajamas with "Lightening McQueen" the character from the Disney Cars movie. He has been calling it "Wiping the Queen".

Have a great weekend and I will see you on Tuesday! I only have 4 1/2 days of work left! Whoo hoo!!

No comments: