Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Quick report

I was busy working on braille items tonight and now it is 11pm and I am just finishing up.  I have enjoyed working on them.  I had a big amount to work on and I am wrapping that up.  So - I am ready for more!  Send me your orders - Christmas will be here before you know it!  Hep us reach that goal of 200 braille items for Finley.

Today I went to a "Principal's coffee" at Arlington's school.  I had a chance to listen to parents concerns about testing, and parties in the class (don't even get me started on that sore spot).  It was interesting to hear other's points of view (and watch one woman get pretty upset that they weren't allowing cupcakes in the school any more for birthdays.  Eyeroll).  Tomorrow Finley and Cainan's school is having a coffee, and I am looking forward to that as well.  Since there is no state testing in the lower grades, I am anxious to see what parents concerns are.

I had to pick Finley up from school early today.  She had complained of an upset stomach twice and an ear ache, so the nurse called me.  I took her to the doctor because the nurse thought the ear looked a little red.  But alas - it was just packed with wax (which the doctor removed with a cool little device) and saw that the ear was clear.  She has a terrible cold - but throat looks good, lungs sounds fine...it is just a cold.  So she will be returning to school tomorrow.

Today the kids and I wrapped up the final preparations for our puppy.  We pick up Scooby on Friday morning, so we wanted to be all ready for him.  He, of course, will have a skeleton leash and collar - Finley's choice.  Pretty hilarious. 

Mat's parents left today after visiting over the weekend.  It was great having them here.  And Ben fixed all kinds of things for us, and I was grateful for his help.  Mat returned Sunday night after a 9 day conference, and we were all so happy to see him.  Today marked the first time I haven't had company in over a week and it was strange.  It is great to always have people here to visit.

Tomorrow Finley has a "preview lesson" for piano.  She is going to go and watch a lesson to see what it is going to be like, and then we will start officially in a few weeks.  Hopefully this is something she will enjoy.  We shall see.

Okay - tomorrow I will post about how Finley is now part of a Genetics text book.  We are very excited about it and got a copy of the text book from the writer while Mat was away.  I have copied the page and will share tomorrow.  She is also part of an upcoming book about Gene therapy which comes out in March.  It is pretty awesome.

No comments: