Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ready, Set, Dog

Tomorrow is the day.  Tomorrow we turn crazy and bring a puppy into the house.  Arlington could barely contain her excitement at bedtime tonight.  It is exciting, but I am very nervous.  I am the most resistant to this whole dog thing because I know in the end, the responsibility falls on me. 

I got a book on Goldendoodles.  Read it cover to cover last night.  If anyone knows me, you will know that I need to follow the book.  To a T.  If it says I should do something, I will probably do it.  I read all instruction manuals.  Yeah, I am that girl.

So - I think we are ready.  We have the crate, the dog beg, the toys, the treats, the food.  We have called and made an appointment with the vet.  We have enrolled him in a puppy training course for late November.  I have puppy proofed the house the best I could.  We had a big talk with the kids at dinner tonight about all the dos and dont's that come with a new puppy.

So - we will see what happens tomorrow.  Mat and I and Cainan are picking up the dog at 11:30 and we will have the dog at home for a few hours before the girls come in and cuddle him to death. 

In other news:  Finley is feeling much better.  Mat is back from almost two weeks of traveling.  Cainan got a great report about his reading ability at school today.  Arlington and I finished a friendship book together.  I am brailling away - just finished another big round of orders.

Here are a few examples.


We had our neighbor girl here at the house yesterday for a little while after school.  I took her picture with the girls because they all had the same tights on.  It was too cute.
Tomorrow - I will share pictures of our new family member.  And it is Friday!  So there is Tennis as well.  And a weekend that is so busy I don't even want to think about it.

No comments: