Thursday, November 1, 2012

15

Today Mat and I celebrate 15 years of marriage.

Where did the time go?

15 years ago today we had a wonderful wedding day.  It rained, and of course we were told it was good luck to have rain on your wedding day.  Young brides - that is just a line people tell you so you don't freak out on your wedding day.

But it worked out just fine.  Here we are, still married.  I wish I had pictures to share you, but we weren't given a CD "back then" with photos to upload.  We were given proofs.  Pictures in a book.  Maybe I will get brave and take one or two out of the wedding album and load them up.

We look a bit different.  A little older, a little grayer.  I little more bags under the eyes.

But we are still just as happy. 

Our story began in 1991 when we met in high school.  We dated all through college (going to separate colleges which I think helped a lot) and got married after I graduated.  We never broke up, not once.  We started dating on March 1st, got engaged 6 years late on May 1st, and got married 18 months after that on November 1st.

Mat and I have lived in 6 states and have had 9 residences since we got married in 1997.  We moved from Pennsylvania to Baltimore, Maryland.  We moved from Maryland to San Diego, California.  We moved from California to West Palm Beach, Florida (no he is not in the military).  We moved from Florida to Salem, Connecticut.  And we moved from Connecticut to Massachusetts just last year.

We hope we are done moving.

Arlington came along after 5 years of marriage (and constant badgering from our parents to please give them a grandchild) while we lived in California.  Finley was born in Florida, and Cainan came to us while we were there as well.

With all of our moving, we have always been each other's best friends.  We are comfortable going out to dinner and talking and talking.  We spend the evenings together catching up on the day and making each other laugh.  Do we fight?  Of course - all couples do.  Does he make me absolutely crazy?  Sure.  Would it ever be a deal breaker?  Of course not. 

We have so much history and so many great memories.  And we are a team.  We bounce ideas off each other about work, our kids, our ideas.  We are each other's cheerleader. 

It has been quite the ride, and I would not want to take it with anyone else.  Each family has their own challenges, and we decided to handle ours together.  I cannot imagine not having him there to support me every day.

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

Anonymous said...

November 2nd, 2012
That was a beautiful post about your family and Husband. Families should stick by eachother like yours does and mine does. We do all have challenges in our lives, but we get by them with flying colors, with the love and support of the ones we love.

Shayla M.