Friday, January 4, 2013

Gymnastics

Thursday, Finley and Cainan started gymnastics.  I have been looking for something active for both of them to do over the winter.  Finley had done swimming, and Cainan had done soccer in the fall, but we have a lull now during the winter.  They can't be outside much because most days the temperature is below 30 degrees, and they are going crazy in the house.

Since Arlington has tennis, we were looking for something that was once a week for the littles as well.  They both wanted gymnastics, so I went online today and started researching gymnastic centers around our area.  I think I have found a good one.  This one was also the cheapest of them all (a common theme for our family, I know) which was also a plus.  We get a sibling discount by enrolling them both - score!

Anyway, once I found a day and time that worked for us, I got them all signed up.  Then realized that it started today.  Luckily Arlington has taken gymnastics in the past and had a leotard that fit Finley pretty well, so we were set.

The class was from 5-6pm and will be every Thursday until we decide they don't want to go any more.  You pay by the month and can quit any time, which is nice.  Plus, we can make up a class we miss any other time during the week, which was another reason I chose this place.  I am hoping that they both love it and want to continue for a long time, but Cainan may have to give it up once T-ball starts.  We will have to wait and see.

They both seemed to really like it.  I took the camera, but the gym is huge, and the parent area is kind of far away from where the kids were most of the session, so the pictures aren't great.  We could watch the whole time.  I wish I would have had the video camera because Finley was hilarious.  That girl loves to dance.  There was music playing in the background, and while she was standing in line waiting her turn, she would do a little dance.  If there was a modern dance class around, I would enroll her in that.  She loves to boogie.

Enjoy the pictures:

Finley and Cainan stretching:
 Jumping:
 Finley walking on the balance beam.  She was pretty good if she held the instructor's hand:
 Cainan has really good balance:
 Finley trying a low balance beam:
 Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon:
 Finley is a little Monkey, so I knew she would like the flipping:

 Waiting in line:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1-4-13

Awsome!

It's always great to start the new year off with fun excersis!

I'm happy they like gymnastics...I joined ballet when I was 7. It was a lot of fun!!

Have fun and do your best Cainen and Finley!