Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Weekend

Mat has declared this weekend "Mother's Weekend". He declared this Friday night when the kids couldn't wait any longer to give me my presents for Mothers day.

So, Friday night, I had my presents. I got a necklace with the kids names on it that I really wanted.

Isn't it cool? It was made by a woman named Lisa Leonard. I read her blog here, and go to her shop here. You NEED to check out her designs. She makes awesome jewelry, and has a really fun blog to read.

I also got these earrings.

Lisa was running a special that if you bought the necklace, you got the earrings for free. She does this ALL the time, so don't miss out. I love the earrings as well - very well made.

I also got a lot of cute home made cards from the kids that they made in school.

And they got me a pan that makes "perfect brownies".

It is pretty cool. Mat made us Brownies last night, and they are evenly cut. It is cute. The brownie mix we used made them yummy.


Today Arlington had soccer practice. It is a cold and windy day, and it even sprinkled on and off. But we are hard core sports around here, so the kids played while the parents froze.

While she was practicing, I practiced my braille book. I am getting pretty good. I need to do it daily, though, so that I can get more fluent. I know all the letters now in braille (by sight - this is how Mat and I will learn them). Uncontracted braille (basically - not short hand.) I will learn contracted later on. Right now I just need to focus on this. It isn't as bad as I thought, but it isn' easy either. I am proud of myself, though, for what I have learned. I am sure Finley will pass me up in skill in no time.

This afternoon while it thundered and rained, the kids played inside. It has been such a beautiful week weather wise, and today it is cold and rainy. Boo. We were hoping for a little sun later this afternoon so that the kids could play outside. That never happened. It did stop raining, but everything was so wet, we elected to stay inside.

Tonight we went to dinner for Mother's day. Tomorrow Mat and I are going to try and go and see "Iron Man 2" sans children. We are getting a baby sitter in the afternoon and heading out for a few hours. I am looking forward to going to the movie.

We ended up going to Margaritas - a Mexican Restaurant - for dinner. Yum! Then we went to our local favorite ice cream place for an after dinner treat. We had a nice time out and now are relaxing for the evening.
Happy Mother's day to all of the mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers.....everyone! This year I am truly grateful for my family. I am grateful that we now know what Finley has and what we are dealing with. We are grateful that everyone is happy and healthy. I am very proud of my family and wouldn't change a thing. I am so lucky to be a mama to Arlington, Finley and Cainan and I love them more than words can say.

"May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than the cares of life."

Oh - and I posted a video yesterday below about the little boy that was cured of LCA. Check it out on my previous post!
See you Monday!

No comments: