Monday, August 8, 2011

La Bota

"The Boot"
Isn't it pretty?  Yeah.  I think so too.  It and I are becoming fast enemies friends.  One week down, 3 more to go.

My wonderful cousin, Kirsten, left today to head back to NYC.  We will all miss her.  She was a huge help, and of course the kids love her.  I can't believe how much we got unpacked while she was here.  Thanks so much Kirsten - we can't wait to see you again.

We have met several of our new neighbors.  It is great getting to put faces with names and meeting everyone.  Everyone has been wonderful and we are enjoying getting to know people already.  We have even received some beautiful flowers and delicious treats from one neighbor
And delicious wild blueberries from another.

And today, my friend Maria brought over the Harry Potter Cauldron for Finley's event.  (and some brownies that won't make it the week they are so delicious).

Wait until you SEE this basket/cauldron!  I LOVE it.  It contains:  Mad-eye Moody glasses (eyeball!), golden snitch, time turner, motion activated HP wand with lights and sound, poster book, Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch Through the Ages & Fantastic Beasts (Hogwarts Library), Unofficial HP Vocabulary Builder, Unofficial HP Cookbook, The Sorcerer's Companion, and, of course, the autographed pict of Daniel plus the signed copy of The Order of the Phoenix.

Take a look:



And of course, the signed book
I know you want to buy tickets for this basket and all the other wonderful ones I posted yesterday.  And there are more to come.  so - just contact me if you want some raffle tickets!  I will be happy to help you out - whether you can be there or not. 

Tomorrow I will be tackling the house alone.  (sob)  Wednesday my wonderful father-in-law comes in to town to help me for a few days, and ride back to Pennsylvania with me.  So - we are having a very fun week.

If anyone is feeling bored, we have many boxes to unpack and things to put away.  We LOVE company....

No comments: