Sunday, September 25, 2011

A race day and a Birth day



 Today we did the 1 mile fun run in our new town.  It was a lot of fun.  I would say the only complaint was having it at 2pm.  I think all "runs" should be held in the morning.  Not that I fancy dragging myself out of bed early in the morning to run anywhere, but 2pm was a bit.......hot.  And unfortunately, we are having a very hot, very muggy September weekend.  The temps. reached around 90 degrees today, so even though we weren't technically running, we were sweating buckets by the time we crossed the finish line.


Mat came along too.  He had done a 5K earlier in the day (crazy man) and came to help me with the kids run this little race.  I ran hand in Hand with Finley and she did really well.  I was able to steer her away from pot holes in the road, and keep her moving.  But she poo-pooed running for the most part.  We would run a little, then she would walk.  And kind of complain.  But she did the whole thing.  It was hot - I don't blame her for complaining.


Mat ran with Arlington and Cainan.  They both did pretty well.  Cainan did the best of the three.  He ran THE WHOLE MILE - only stopping to wait for Mat or Arlington to catch up with him.  Crazy little running maniac.  He did the mile in 11 minutes.  I see track in this boys future.  He had a blast - was hardly breaking a sweat at the end of the race.  (which is kind of weird for him because he is always hot).  He was still pumped and full of energy and wanted to run all around even after the race when all the rest of us wanted to do was lie down and never get up again.

So.hot.
Our other bit of news for the day is today is a birth day for my brand new nephew.  We would like to introduce you to Jet Shung Ting.  The newest son of my sister in law, and brother in law - Teen and Frank Ting and baby brother to Reese.  He is really sweet.  He was 7 pounds, 3 ounces and 20 inches long.  He was born this afternoon at 2:21pm.
Jet is my 6th nephew.  Yeah, you heard that right.  My family and Mat's family know how to grow boys.  Except for us - we broke the trend.

I also have 2 beautiful nieces, but the boys definitely out number the girls.

Welcome to the world, Jet.  We have been waiting and waiting for you and we are so glad you are here and you and mommy are both healthy.  We can't wait to meet you.
Love you Teen and Frank and Congratulations!

No comments: