Friday, December 21, 2012

Last post for awhile

Today is the start of our Christmas break.  We are getting ready to embark on our 11 days of activities, presents, visitors, good times.  And because of that, the blog is going to go on the back burner.  I am finding that I am having less and less time in the evenings these days to blog due to the holiday, so I not going to promise consistent blogging until Jan. 2nd.

Today at 9:30am, I looked at the clock and said a prayer for all of those kids, teachers, families, citizens of Newtown, CT.  Before and after.  After today, unlike all this past week, parents/family can no longer say "last week at this time my child/loved one was alive".  That stopped being true this morning at 9:30am.  I pray for them as they get through the holiday over this next week.  My heart is still tight with sadness for all of them.

We hope that everyone enjoys their holiday.  We are looking forward to times as a family.  Here are pictures of the most recent Jesse tree ornaments.  We will complete the tree on December 25th, so when I return, we will share the rest of the pictures.

Here is the Advent Jesse tree days 11-20.

Day 11 - King David.  Symbol: a slingshot.  "The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want"  Psalm 23:1



Day Twelve: Josiah Finds the Law.  Symbol: a bible.  "They word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"  Psalm 119:105


Day 13 - Prophecy of Shoot from the Stump of Jesse.  Symbol:  A Stump.  "And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory"  John 1:14a


Day 14 - Prophecy of the Lion and the Lamb Resting Together.  Symbol - Lion and Lamb.  "His rest shall be glorious."  Isaiah 11:10b
                                    

                                       
                                      

Day 15 - Prophecy of the Prince of Peace.  Symbol:  A dove and crown.  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"  John 14:27



Day 16 - Prophecy of a Gentle Shepherd.  Symbol - a lamb and a staff.  "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me"  John 10:27


 Day 17 - Prophecy of the Suffering Servant.  Symbol - a cross.  "I lay down my life for the sheep"  John 10:15


Day 18 - Prophecy of the New Covenant.  Symbol - a heart.  "I will put my law within them, and write it in their hearts"  Jeremiah 31:33


 Day 19 - Prophecy of Bethlehem.  Symbol - Three wisemen.  "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" Phillippians 4:13


Day 20 - The Exile.  Symbol - a fiery furnace.  (this is as close as we could find!)  "Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with thee to deliver thee."  Jeremiah 1:8




2 comments:

The Kovalls said...

Then you must call/email/Skype me every day.

Anonymous said...



dear pletcher family,
What a wonderful way to spend the holidays. I hope you have a very mery and blessed christmas, see you im January!

Prayers,
Shayla