Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kids last day of school

Today was Finley and Cainan's last day of preschool.

I did take one picture - even thought they groaned.  It was a rainy day, so I couldn't take much outside, which was kind of a bummer.
I cannot believe they will be off to Kindergarten in just a few months.  The teachers and staff at the preschool were sad to see the kids go.  Many of them have been "Finley's Fighters" and so they wanted to make sure we will keep them informed on how she is doing.  We turned in our key, we packed up their things, and said a final goodbye today.

This week has been full of goodbyes.

Today was also Arlington's last day of 2nd grade and last day at Salem school.  She was kind of sad, but did a great job holding it together.  I went to the school for her end of the year party today and that was fun.  It was an ice cream sundae party (sorry, I forgot my camera) and then the kids talked about their proudest moments of the year, and got to read us their author stories.  (they wrote stories in a hard back book - very cool).

She could have come home with me after the party, but she wanted to stay the rest of the day with her friends.  A good idea since she isn't going to see them much any more.  She got a great report card, and now she is officially a 3rd grader.

Oh.my.goodness.

I took the kids to Olive Garden for dinner tonight.  Mat was in Boston all day today, so we went just the 4 of us.  I am glad they are at an age that we can go out to eat with all three of them and only 1 parent and have a good time.  It was pouring rain, but we had a nice dinner and then we came home and watched a movie.

So - tomorrow is our OFFICIAL start of summer.  No super early mornings, or packing lunches, or homework for 10 weeks.  Yay!

No comments: