Friday, June 10, 2011

Nurse's dinner out

Tonight I went out to dinner with my nurse co-workers.  We always go out one last time before school ends.  This time is was bittersweet because it will be the last time I am out with them before we move.  We spent 3 hours at the restaurant talking and laughing and enjoying each other's company.

I have been so lucky these last three years to work with such wonderful people.  We are in our independent buildings, but we always have each other for support.  And Linda, our nursing supervisor, is amazing.  She is a friend as well as a fantastic nurse, and I will miss her most of all.

I don't think I will ever be this lucky again.  A great job, in a great district with 4 other great nurses.  I will miss them dearly when we go.

Linda gave me a necklace as a going away present.  It was hard to control the tears by the end of the night.  But I am grateful that we are not going that far because I know I will get to see them again.

No comments: