Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ear tube surgery tomorrow

Tomorrow is Cainan's first surgery. He will have tubes placed in both ears to help drain all the fluid that has been building up in there from having a cleft lip and palate. I spoke with the surgeon today and she talked me through the consent on the phone and told me all about the surgery. I love that they don't know I am a nurse, and talk to me like they would any other parent. That is how it should be. But I do get a chuckle out of her explaining all the terminology. :) Now I know what it is like to be on the other side. But the surgery is only about 10 minutes. The whole thing from putting him to sleep to him waking up in the recovery room is about 1 hour. So we are hoping to be home by around 10am if all goes well. Please think about us tomorrow while Cainan has his surgery in the morning. We know that all will go well, but your well wishes and prayers are always welcome.
Today was very uneventful. Finley stayed home from school with Cainan and I, and Arlington went to pre-K just until 11:30. We stayed busy all day - mostly wiping noses and changing diapers, and playing with toys. Tomorrow Mat will stay home with the girls in the morning while Cainan and I are gone at the hospital.
Here are a few cute pictures from today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I'll bet the girls are having a great time with daddy all to themselves today.
Can you send me a picture of Cainan with his helmet separately so I can print it??Nanny