Sunday, July 31, 2011

A full Sunday

Today we had a full day.  We finished up the last little cleaning this morning before our open house this afternoon.  (People came by that loved the house, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!)

We left and had lunch at Panera bread, and then ran some errands before we took the kids to see the Smurfs.  It was a cute movie - better than we expected.  The kids loved it.  After the movie we did the last of our errands and then came home to start to ready the house for the move.

We don't have to do much, but there were a few things we needed to accomplish before the packers come on Tuesday.  We had to take all the sand out of the base of our enormous umbrella we have on our porch.  We set the kids to that job, which they really enjoyed.  They would carry buckets of sand from the base up to their sand box.  It was a good way to spend a sunny afternoon.

While they did that, Mat and I set to getting everything out of our attic space.  I had no idea we had been able to put so much stuff in that space over the last 3 years.  That was the only area they asked us to bring out so they could pack it a little easier.  Now our bedroom is full of stuff.

So now we are ready.  Well - as ready as we can be.  Mat has a long day at work tomorrow and I have to take Cainan to his follow up appointment from his surgery and go to work one last time.  So it was good to get ready for Tuesday now.

Speaking of Cainan - the boy fell yesterday and hit his nose. Hard.  Of course he did.  I am afraid he did some damage to it.  It didn't look bad yesterday - just a little red and bruised.  But today -when I looked inside - I see a bump I don't like.  I am afraid he has disturbed something.  I really can't believe it, actually.  We have been so careful.  But he tripped and didn't even bother to try and catch himself.  It is upsetting.  And I know it had to hurt - he cried for a half and hour.  So we will see what the doctor says tomorrow.  He isn't going to be happy, I am sure.

No comments: