Friday, July 29, 2011

It would be easier to tell you when we are NOT busy

I think that is going to be my theme from now on.  Just assume we are beyond busy unless I say otherwise.

**Reminder - send in your registrations or print a registration out online for the upcoming Bike Walk Run!  We appreciate your support!**

Today's job to tackle.....the DMV.  I know I have said that dealing with the sellers has been my least favorite part about moving, but my OVERALL hate about moving?  The DMV.  This is our 6th state, and I still get nervous every time I go to have our license changed over.  I think it all started when we moved to California, and we walked into the DMV ready to go and we were surprised to find out we had to take a test.

Which I promptly failed the first time through.  CA is like a different planet - they have their own road rules.

So - off I went today to have our cars registered and get my driver's license.  I took just about every form of identification I own to make sure that all of our basis were covered.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the place fairly empty.

And within about 45 minutes I was all done.  I had Massachusetts plates for both cars, and my drivers license.  Done and done.  I even had time to go over to have the van inspected and turn all the paperwork into our new insurance company.  So this was HUGE.  All that is left is for Mat to take his car in for inspection and to get his license.  Big sigh of relief.  Thank you Massachusetts for not giving me any surprises today.

I even found the library, the town hall, the parks and rec department and the place where I have to get the kids bus passes (don't ask) while I was waiting for the inspection to be complete.  It was nice to find a few things in our new town before we arrive.

Tonight Mat and Cainan worked on a lego project


 And then he wrestled with Finley - her favorite activity.  That girl doesn't hold back.  Good thing Mat is sturdy - she plows me over.

The gloves (and the glasses) come off for her wrestling moves:





Tomorrow we are spending the day cleaning for our open house on Sunday.  If you know anyone who wants a beautiful house in Salem, Ct - we have the house for you!  This will be the last open house where furniture will be in any of the rooms.  This is our last weekend in this house.

Today we also got a phone call from one of our new neighbors in Massachusetts.  We live in a "development"  (there is a small association due to a common road we all share that needs to be plowed in the winter) and so he was calling to welcome us to the neighborhood and tell us about an upcoming meeting.  It was pretty great.  We talked for awhile about the other families that will be around us, and we are excited to meet them and get settled.

Countdown to Massachusetts - 5 days.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good luck with the move! We will miss you!!