Monday, May 21, 2012


My new cord for my computer arrived today.  I am so happy to have my laptop back.  I like being able to do two things at once - watch TV and work on the computer.  Bliss.

You haven't missed much.  We have been insanely busy.  Rosebud is settling in, but just like any new puppy she goes in the crate late and gets up early.  I will be looking forward to longer stretches.  She is very cute and always happy.  She gives Scooby a run for his money - yips and bites at him when Scooby gets to rough.  She is a good listener and follows us everywhere.  I think she is a keeper.

Mat's parents stayed with us until Sunday.  I was sad to see them go.  Sally was great company all week and then Ben was a huge help over the weekend.  I put them to work, and they did it gladly.  I love having them around.

Arlington got her first goal ever in Lacrosse!  We were so excited.  She wasn't sure if she should shoot at first, but she did and it went in the goal.  Yes, yes, yes.  Very exciting.

Finley is wrapping up piano. We are debating continuing next year very heavily.  She doesn't love it.  Playing is a chore for her.  And it is a chore for me because of that.  Maybe she needs a few more years.  We wanted to give her an extra-cirricular, but I don't think this is the right one.  Because she does braille daily, Kumon (reading and math extras) daily, she didn't really need another daily activity.  So - we will take the summer to think on it, and decide in August what to do.

Cainan had a t-ball game this weekend.  He seems to be really liking it.  Hard to tell with him.  He goes, he participates, he comes home.  It is cute to watch the kids at this age play.

Finley had a birthday party this past weekend and her first sleep over.  I was a little leary of the sleepover since she had never done it before, but decided to  let her go.  And I got a call at 11pm that she couldn't sleep and she was a little scared.  We talked on the phone and she didn't want to come home.  After that she went to sleep and slept all night.  She was really tired on Sunday and we laid around for a long time.

Arlington had a back to back lacrosse and softball game on Sunday.  It was about 90 degrees, but she was a trooper.  I got her a big, sugary, blue coolata from Dunkin Donuts after her games for a treat.

Tomorrow is crazy from start to finish.  I start my day with Cainan's Kindergarten conference (where we discuss transitional) followed by Finley's conference (where we discuss transitional), then Garden Club for a bit before I have to pick up Arlington and Cainan early for dentist appointments.  then I am home for about 1 hour and I am leaving for Hartford, CT.  I am speaking to a masters in special education class tomorrow about parent advocates, our foundation, and what it was like being a parent in an IEP.  So, it should be fun - can't wait.  I am meeting a friend for dinner before hand and then on to the class which lasts for 3 hours.

Sorry I don't have any pictures for today.  My camera missing, but I did forget to use it.  Hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: