Sunday, July 1, 2012

37

How can I be 37 years old.  Wasn't it just yesterday that we were in high school getting ready for prom?  Where did the last 20 years go.

Life goes by so fast.  Finley, my last baby, is going to turn 6 in four days.  Mat and I have been married for almost 15 years.  My eldest child is 9 1/2 years old.

Life has been great.  Fantastic.  I am blessed every day.  Good health, warm comfortable house, great family and terrific friends.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

Today we went to a local historical national park.  It was a lot of fun and a great way to spend the day.  We were outside all day, one of my favorite places to be.  And we were enjoying old, local history - another favorite of mine.  Concord, where we were, is where Paul Revere did his famous ride.  It is only 5 miles from our house, which I think is very cool.

The pictures below are from the last few days.  Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes - I really appreciate it.  37 isn't so bad when you are surrounded by so much love.









 The kids all got Junior Ranger badges at the Minute Men Park today because they filled out their packets:
 Having a picnic lunch at the park:

 Checking out one of the sites of the old houses:


 Finley found a feather that she carried around all day:
 The place where Paul Revere was captured:
 Finley is Hartwell Tavern:
 The kids learned how it was to handle a gun back then.  No worries - they were just wooden:



 Little soldiers.  They are all ready for military school:


2 comments:

The Kovalls said...

Happy Birthday! Love the pics of the kids w/the guns - hilarious :-)

Just Me said...

Happy Birthday! I love history and that park sounds like fun! :)