Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Speech Therapy day

Cainan had his second speech therapy today. He wasn't as stubborn as he was last time, but still wouldn't make any sounds while he was there. Sigh. I guess it isn't going to be easy to get our 16 month old to cooperate. We won't be seeing the therapist again until the 30th. We don't need to see her much right now because he is so young and he still has to have his palate surgery. It will be nice to have a break. We are busy every Tuesday for the rest of the month anyway with different things.

Arlington and Finley went to school today but just for the morning. I picked them up before lunch and they spent the rest of the day at home. Everyone took a little rest (except for mom!) and then just spent the evening playing at home. A very relaxing, uneventful day.

Tomorrow I return to work and Cainan starts daycare! Should be interesting. I am looking forward to going back to work. I say that now. After a few weeks, I am sure I will wish I was off again! :) But it will be nice to get back into my routine and get Cainan to school. I think after he adjusts to being there he will do well. I have seen a change in Finley in these last couple of months for the better. So we shall see! Mat is on his own in the morning getting the kids ready since I have to be at work at 6:30. He will be just fine. It is a little chaotic, but since everyone can feed themselves, it goes pretty well!

Anyway, after tomorrow report on school and work, I probably will cut back on the blog for awhile. Going back to work will make it hard for me to update everyday, so it will probably go down to once-twice a week! But I will keep up with it, I promise, at least that much and still post pictures!
Nighty night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes Jen, I think you will need them when you are at work and trying to concentrate when your thoughts will be if the kids are okay. Lotsa love and prayers Nanny

Donna said...

Jennifer, I hope your first day back was okay. If your church experience was any indication, Cainan will have a rough few days. But it will get better as he learns that you ARE coming back. I'm sending good thoughts your way!