Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I forgot

I forgot to add last night that on Saturday I was bit by a ton of red fire ants! Yeah, I was in the yard (with sandals on) putting up Christmas lights along our fence when all of the sudden, my feet felt like they were on FIRE! I looked down, and sure, enough - fire ants! I brushed them off and ran inside and put cool water on them. They hurt for about 1 hour and then started to itch and swell. By Sunday morning, my feet were so swollen, I couldn't put shoes on! I kept ice on them all day and tried to keep them elevated. By Monday they were slightly better - I was able to put a gym shoe on. Today (Wed.) the right foot is still swollen, but not as bad, and almost back to normal. Now I am just left with itching. I am trying not to scratch, but it is hard!

Once again - I HATE FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GEE, with all the medical knowledge in your family, surely there is something to relieve the symptoms. Maybe an old home remedy like baking soda or something. I still get bouts of soreness from the aftereffects of shingles, and really feel sorry for you, what a bummer. Nanny