Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The student did what???

I got to say this TWO times this week. AND it is only Tuesday. My school never ceases to amaze me. I do feel bad for my principal a lot of days and what she has to deal with. There are times where we just shake our head and say "huh?"

So, Monday's event was:

Principal: "so Jennifer I just have to tell you about my morning." (I think I should have "confessional" written on my door the things I hear some times!)

Me: Okay....... (looking a little worriedl about what she might say)

Principal: I just had a conversation with 'Suzy second grader' and 'Timmy 4th grader' who I caught kissing under the stairs.

Me: The Students did WHAT???

Principal: Yeah. My thoughts exactly. They said they love each other and that is what people who love each other do."

Me: Wow. That is SO great.

I have friends who have second graders!! Seriously??? I need to be worried about this with my kids by the time they are 7?? Are you flipping kidding me. Home schooling is looking a little better today..... (I kid, I kid)


Second scenario wasn't as shocking as it was JUST PLAIN STUPID.

We have a little girl who about 3-4 weeks ago, right before the holidays (she is a 3rd grader) who was crying to her teacher that someone had carved her name and other choice words into a stall in the girl's bathroom. It upset her, and she didn't want to use that bathroom any more. She wanted to use mine. Okay - that is fine. Bright girl. I felt bad for her. She doesn't have a lot of friends.

Well, today, her teacher came in for a "confessional" session and said,

"Did you hear about Suzy third grader?"
Me: No (oh great, here we go again)
Teacher: Well, SHE carved her OWN name into the stall
Me: She did what???
Teacher: Yeah. Did it herself. Doesn't know why. But she couldn't take the guilt any longer (we have been questioning various students about the incident) and finally confessed. She wanted to get 'so and so' into trouble, but it didn't work out as planned.

So.....yeah. what else is there to say?

Today was NUTS at work. Actually, I say that a lot, don't I? I think I should tell you when it is quiet. That would probably be surprising to you. I say over 50 kids, my diabetic had really low blood sugars all day and was feeling crummy. I had a girl that almost fainted and fell down the stairs - thank goodness her teacher was right beside her. I sent 7 - yes 7 kids - home from school who didn't feel good. I little girl has shingles and has exposed her whole class AND her pregnant teacher. I had two back to back meetings this morning and so I saw those 50 kids and dealt with all the other craziness in about 5 hours. AND I don't think I ever had lunch. I remember snacking, but beyond that........I am not sure.

Backtracking, Sunday was a good day for us family wise. It had snowed again Saturday night into Sunday, but luckily we didn't get the big storm they were predicting. I think we got about 4-5 inches, maybe not even that. Enough to sled ride. Finley went out with Arlington and Mat and they all had a blast. Cainan is still not a big fan of the cold/snow, so he and I stayed in and stayed warm. We played a lot of games and just enjoyed a nice family day.

Monday we all went back to work and school. Everyone is doing well. Today, Mat flew out to North Carolina for a few days for a business meeting, and my parents drove in to spend the time with myself and the kids. It is nice to have the extra help when he isn't here. So today was the last day of daycare for the kids until next week. Arlington will catch the bus from home this week, and she is excited about that. I am glad she is getting a nice little break from daycare - the babies too.

Since my sister-in-law, Carrie, announced on her blog tonight about her baby news, I am going to say my congratulations publicly!! My sister in law has a blog: Hicks Family (click on name to go to her blog) so check out all of her news! Anyway, she is pregnant with her third child, and she has a little boy and little girl at home. We were SURE she was having another girl, but we got a surprise - she is having another BOY!! We are very excited. Congratulations to Carrie and their family! We can't wait to meet our nephew this summer.

So, I didn't do better with pictures. Shame on me. I only have three - I am sorry! I need to get better. Enjoy your week, and I will see you Saturday!!

Arlington - trying to keep her eyes open for the picture



Cainan doing a silly dance

Cutie Finley

2 comments:

Danielle said...

working in a school is crazy- i miss the nutty stories. I believe the kissing because I have seen Kindergartners Hump!&* and call it by name after seeing older siblings!Never a dull day eh?

Elaine said...

Ahhh kids. I have so many stories from when I worked with the kindergarten kids last year.

I like your new layout! :)