Saturday, April 18, 2009

The boy in the pink pajamas



Yes, that is right. This is a picture of Cainan in pink pajamas. Posing like a little ham, none the less, to make it that much more entertaining cute. These pajamas are not his fault. Nor his mothers. I went in last night to check on Cainan and tuck him in one more time, and I noticed the pajamas. I said to my husband "Cainan is wearing Finley's pink pajamas". "oh" he says "well those were the pajamas that were sitting on his bed, so I put them on him". Ah well. This will be one of those pictures we can torture him with later in life.

This week ended up going by pretty fast. I stayed busy at work, and that helped. Before I knew it, it was Friday afternoon and I was leaving work. It was a beautiful, sunny 70 degree day, so I picked up the kids and we played outside for awhile. I set them up to paint some rocks from our yard.

Finley had actually been asking to do this, for some reason, for awhile. So, I set them up and they spent an hour painting.


After the painting, they ran around for awhile and then came in for dinner.




I forgot to post this picture from Easter Sunday. I decided to make some "bird's nest" out of chocolate, rice crispies and jelly beans. Arlington helped me make them.


They were pretty yummy and very easy.


Our Star Magnolia tree in our front yard has also started to bloom.


We missed its blooming last year because we hadn't moved in yet, so it is nice to watch it this year. This tree is the first thing we see when we open our front door, so you can't help but smile.


We have many plans for the weekend and hope the weekend cooperates so that we can get them completed. Today Mat and Arlington went to pick up our brand new playset for the backyard. Thanks again to Gramma and Pappy Pletcher for this fantastic purchase! First we inspected the boxes:


Then we started to hull all of the wood up the hill. Even the little ones helped.


For awhile.

Once all the wood was at the top of the hill, Mat sat down and studied the directions. We laughed that one of the things you had to have in order to put it together were "two adults" and there was a picture of a man. Ha! So that ended Mat working on it this afternoon by himself.

Arlington had a T-ball "meet and greet" today. True to disorganized form that we are finding lately, they were having a practice as well. Now, being the type A person that I am, I did ASK if we needed to bring anything to the meet and greet, and I was told no. But alas, that wasn't exactly the truth. Apparently they were having a practice and needed their cleats and their gloves. UGH! Please tell me this isn't going to be like Daisies. I can't take it.

Anyway, Mat took her to the meet and greet and she had a lot of fun.

After T-ball, Arlington Mat and I worked a little longer on the playset. These playsets are not for the faint of heart. 1)there are about one trillion pieces. 2)none of the wood pieces are marked in any way. We have to measure each piece to see if it is the one we need. 3)some of the holes are not pre-drilled which makes fun times for all 4)the wood is very heavy for little ol' me.

In 2 hours time we got 2 small sections put together. We were satisfied with our work for the day when Mat realized that he put the one section together backwards. So wonderful. Well, tomorrow is another day. Arlington was cracking us up though. She was outside "helping" and when the first small section was together she asked if we were ready for the swing. Then she asked where the door was. Seriously? The section that we did is three vertical pieces of wood and two horizontal. Arlington was very hopeful of our playset building skills.

After the babies woke from their naps we decided to go to Chili's for dinner. We called ahead and I am glad we did because they were packed. We had a nice dinner and Cainan ate a ton. He always does. That boy loves to eat, but he really loves to eat out. We were getting ready to leave and Cainan was still munching on some tortilla chips. Mat said to him "time to go buddy" He said "no! I not finished yet". It was hilarious. We told him he could take some chips with him, so he lifted his entire plate up (which still had chips on it) and wanted to take the whole plate. What a riot. He is never not hungry.

The other day Finley was sitting in the bean bag "reading" to Cainan.


They looked so cute sitting there. She was reading him the letters on the page, and he was just listening. We were getting ready to go to school, and when I told them it was time to go, they said "no - reading". Too cute.



That is about it. Tomorrow is playset day. Other than that, no other plans! Just get ready for another week. Monday I am off from work because I am taking Arlington to the zoo. She is off from school this week for spring break. Mat is taking a day off this week as well to take her to Six Flags. So she will have a pretty good spring break. Next year she and I have the same week off, so I am excited about that!

Have a nice weekend, and I will see you Tuesday!

1 comment:

anymommy said...

He looks so happy in those pink pajamas!!