Saturday, May 30, 2009

Is it Saturday night already?

This week went by very fast. With so many activities and fun times, the weekend is half over already.
Wednesday was swimming - the next to last class. Thursday was actually kind of peaceful. Mat didn't have a dinner meeting and we didn't have to run around. Friday Mat had a dinner meeting. His last one, he tells me, for awhile - yay!

So before we knew it - it was Saturday! This morning Arlington had soccer. After that, we got a call from Mat's co-worker who has a little girl who is Arlington's age. She wanted to get the girls together to play. So this afternoon we had a playdate.

The girls had a great time. Finley didn't nap, so she played too.



We had watermelon and juice.


The day was really warm and the kids really had fun playing in the water.



Mat also took apart the old playhouse. This is the best it has ever looked:



He had it down pretty quickly - it is just removing all the screws so we can burn the wood that took a long time.

After they left, I went out to dinner with two new mommy friends Karen and Emma. We had been planning this get together for awhile and decided to make it a regular thing. Arlington and the girls of these two moms have become good friends this year, and we decided that if our girls are going to be friends, then so should we. We had a fabulous time. We went out to eat and chatted and I got to learn a lot about them. We relaxed and ate good seafood and were gone for about 3 hours. It was a great time and I am so glad we did it. I look forward to getting together with them again.

So now I am sitting and relaxing with Mat. Sorry this was a short post, but my belly is full and and I tired.

I will see you Tuesday!

No comments: