Saturday, June 20, 2009

Picnic day!

The family picnic at Arlington's school was today finally! It was a ton of fun and a great success! We had more people than I thought we would. The volunteers did a great job, and it all came together. We are tired tonight but grateful for it going so well! We look forward to doing it again next year!


Arlington's daycare did a little graduation ceremony the other morning, and I actually got to go! They got to wear these little cap and gowns for "graudation" from Kindergarten. She loved that. They sang songs and they all got a little certificate and then we ate a nice lunch. It was pretty cute.

My parents and grandparents came in yesterday to help with the picnic and also visit for the weekend. It is nice to have their company. We have been keeping busy so far.


Friday was my school's official last day. I still need to go on Monday to clean my office, but Friday at school was a lot of fun. At the end of the day, all the staff goes outside with the kids and as they got on their buses we waved goodbye. The kids were SO excited. But it was fun to watch them go and way goodbye for the summer. Then we had a big lunch for staff after that and could leave early. It was a fun day.


So summer is finally starting in the Pletcher household! Arlington has three more days of school and then she is done. Then no more early mornings or packing lunches for a while. Yay!


Not much else to report because I am just too tired to think. Oh! Today we had a small birthday party for Cainan and Finley. We celebrated with my family since they had presents for them. We also had a Father's day celebration with yummy cake from Cold Stone Creamery.



So that is all. I will see you Tuesday!

2 comments:

The Kovalls said...

The graduation pics are SO cute! And, I'm disappointed in the lack of pictures with this post - you are slacking, sister-in-law!

Thelongs said...

Arlington looks so cute in her cap and gown! I am jealous that you are off for the summer!! Have a great time and thanks for the prayers!