Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Pictures and a few Finley Bday pictures


The family sat around the night of the 4th of July while Mat set off a few fireworks. Above is everyone waiting for the show to begin. The fireworks were just small ones, but the kids loved them. They clapped and had a great time. They were the right size for this young crew - nothing loud or scary.


Finley got her first sparkler this year. She wasn't sure what to make of it. But she did hold a few of them and even walked around a bit!

"M" did some sparklers as well. Here is Uncle Mat helping her get it started. She wasn't sure of it at first, but she did hold it the whole time.


This is Cainan's first sparkler. He really wasn't sure, but I was impressed that he didn't cry or run screaming from it. That is big progress. He didn't move much, though!


Earlier in the day, we went to our local ice cream place. Finley wanted ice cream for her birthday. Since she can't eat cake, this is always a good option. Everyone enjoyed refreshing ice cream cones.

Here is "M" and Arlington having some ice cream. Arlington chose bubble gum ice cream. She loves it, but Mat and I tasted it, and it tastes like Pepto Bismol. It is really awful. She is watching "M" here test the cone. We are unsure if "M" has ever had a cone before - she didn't seem to realize at first it was food. She and I talked about eating it, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I had to eat some to show her it was food. Then she dug in!


Cainan sported some USA wear courtesy of his grandparents.


We had a cookout for 4th of July. Since we got an 8 seater patio table, we all fit around it! It was perfect. We cooked hamburgers and hotdogs and had a great time.


Here is Arlington sporting her USA wear. Oh, and of course, a princess crown. No outfit is complete without a crown.


"M" is sporting her 4th of July wear while she is swinging in the yard. She loved the swings, and by the end of the weekend, was even going pretty high.


She let her cousin Arlington push her a lot. Those two really love each other. It is very sweet to see. I was close to my cousins growing up, and I hope the same for my kids. One night this weekend, when I went in to check on the girls, "M" and Arlington were snuggled up in the same bed. It was so cute. I wish I could have taken their picture, but I didn't want to wake them up.


Here is Grandma with 4 of the 5 that were there this weekend. She was trying to read them a story.


Sunday we let Finley open her birthday presents. She had a good time doing that. She got a baby doll from Arlington, and it has been her favorite gift by far.


Arlington was a big help this weekend. Here she is putting "G"'s shoes on. She is always a big helper. I am lucky to have her.



After Finley opened her presents, she got pancakes for breakfast with syrup and whipped cream. She was in heaven. I have never seen her eat so well. She kept wanting me to add more and more whipped cream.


I know this post is kind of random, but I just wanted to share some more pictures. Tomorrow I will wrap up the weekend - I promise! I have the rest of the pictures from Sunday to share. Then I will be done. Below are a few more pictures. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Marcail's so weird. She's had an ice cream cone before, she just hasn't actually ever eaten it. Silly girl. Glad the kids had so much fun!