Saturday, August 15, 2009

School shopping is SO fun. Not.


Yeah - she looks cute, doesn't she? She is cute. But she is REALLY rotten. Especially when she is hungry, tired, bored, out in public, 3 years old, Finley.......


To start earlier - Arlington wrapped up soccer camp on Friday. She had a good time, and that is all that really matters. I took my camera on the last day, and took a few pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera out the rest of the week for other pictures. And my good camera is back and all pretty again and everything. Shame on me.


Soccer camp sucked up most of our afternoon this week. But I did finish cleaning the basement/playroom area, and I am really proud of that! That job was huge. Arlington didn't get to gymnastics this week because she wasn't feeling well on Wednesday.


Here is a picture of Arlington getting her certificate for participating in soccer camp.



Here is a picture of Arlington and two of her buddies on her soccer camp team. "B" and "J". "B" is not in her class next year, and she is pretty bummed about that. But "J" is and the girls were friends last year. So that has made it a little easier.


Aren't they cute? Yeah, they are.

Friday night I got a chance to go out to dinner with my friends Emma and Karen. Karen has nicknamed us the "Kindergarten mom's club". She said it was because we met when our girls started Kindergarten. She is funny. We went to a fun restaurant in Mystic called Azu. The food was yummy and we had a great time catching up. This was our end of summer, back to school dinner.

Today was a busy day. It started with Arlington and I shopping for "B's" birthday. (little guy in the picture above). We got his present, then headed to his party. He had a swimming party and Arlington had a blast. Of course. She loves to swim and all of her buddies whom she hasn't seen all summer were there. The kids had a great time, and I had a chance to catch up with a lot of the mommies whom I haven't seen all summer. We talked about the upcoming year, and how sad it was that now all of our kids were going to be in separate classes (this party was all afternoon Kindergarten kids). But it was a great time, but very hot.

After the party, we did some school shopping. Arlington had gotten a little list of supplies she needed to have for first grade, so we went to get those, and her first day of school outfit. Finley made that REALLY fun for us. She hasn't napped in over a week, and I think it is started to catch up with her. She would cry over the littlest thing. We were trying on new shoes on her and she kept trying to rip them off and put her sandals back on. She can be so weird sometimes.

But we fed her, and she got a little better. But she crashed easily tonight in bed. Anyway, we got all of Arlington's supplies (except her bookbag which I ordered) and got her first day of school outfit. Now that she is 6, apparently she has outgrown princess wear and shoes that light up when you walk. It was funny. There was a pair of shoes she really liked, but then she saw they lit up and said she didn't want those - "she was too big". Same with a cute princess hair tie I picked out for her to match the dress she picked out. A little sad. She is starting to get a little picker about how she looks. I thought I had a few more years until that started.

Tomorrow we are going to a local fair. It is going to be fun. We went last year, and it is a typical small town fair, but fun all the same. I will try to take some pictures!

By the way, mom - I want to thank you for the Shrek CD. The kids have listened to it about a trillion times in the car, and the only line Finley sings over and over is "I wonder how she pees!" (Referring to Snow White in her glass coffin). That is REALLY wonderful. Especially at soccer camp.

See you Tuesday!

No comments: