Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tra la la la la

Tonight was Arlington's chorus concert. Each year, the choral director does a kindergarten and first grade only performance. This is nice in the fact that it only lasts about 30 minutes. This year they did a little play called "once upon a lily pad". It was pretty cute. Arlington was a snake. She was really into it. I wish I would have taken the video camera to show you how animated she was! Several people commented on how she seems to be enjoying it.

She was! It is in her blood.

Unfortunately, our camera was not on its best behavior, so the pictures are not awesome and not many.

(Arlington saying some of her lines)

But how many pictures of a purple snake can you take?

(this is Arlington's music teacher Mr. H.)

The rest of the weekend was great. Sunday it was warm and sunny and we were outside for most of the day. The yard is starting to take some shape. We have a ways to go.

(more lines)

Monday was interesting. Mat's car was still in the shop, so I played cheuffeur for the day. We were up at 5:30 to start our day. I had to drive Mat to work, then take the little ones to school. Then I dropped Arlington off. Then I went on to work. After work, I got Arlington, then the little ones, then Mat. Then we went to get the car. After all of that, at least we had dinner out! We ate at Friendly's. Yum.

I wish I had more to report, yet I don't. I did email the principal and the head of pupil services at our elementary school on the request of BESB. BESB wanted to make sure the staff was going to spend next year getting ready for Finley. Finley is going to need a room for all of her equipment and a place for her to learn Braille with the Braille instructor. She will need her own aide. And her teacher is going to have to be prepared for her coming. The school was very receptive and would like Finley to visit the school several times next year to get used to the halls, rooms, faces. So we will be taking some field trips.

Mat is deep in research on Finley's RDH12 gene. With it being so rare, research is hard to come by. He has a lot of contacts, and we are going to use every one to help us get the answers we need. I will keep you posted.

Tomorrow Arlington has a softball game. I have to take the little ones with me because Mat has a late meeting. Yay. Do you hear the sarcasm? If not, trust me, it's there. I guess I can pray for rain.

That's it. Short and sweet. Remember to sign up for the BBQ! T-shirts! Walking with us!! Just follow the links at the top of the blog. We hope to have a chance to see everyone!! All are welcome.

See you Saturday.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broadway- here she comes!!!!

love Grammy

Anonymous said...

Broadway- here she comes!!! love Grammy