Monday, October 29, 2012

Making Meals Monday

I am pre-posting through Tuesday because who knows what Sandy the Hurricane is going to do to our power here in Massachusetts.  I feel like we are a bit too far north to have the major effects of the storm, but our power goes out here all the time, so I won't be surprised.

anywho - I realized I forgot to post LAST Monday, so because this week's storm is preventing me from buying extra food, I will post what we had last week.  I know you are excited.  Don't deny it.

Crock Pot Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken

This is the most I have used my crock pot since we got married - these last three weeks.  I do love the thing.

2 1bs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds

Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 or 4. Serves 4 - 6.

-------------------------------------------------

Mini Tacos

My kids ATE THESE UP!!!  I was shocked.  Arlington ate like 6 of them (they are small, but still).  They were super easy and very yummy.

Won Ton wrappers (I bought the pre-cut ones - in the fridge section near the organic food)
Hamburger meat (I bought a pound)
Taco Seasoning
Cheese
Brown the ground beef. Season with taco seasoning. Place the wontons in a cupcake pan…bake a few minutes on 350 degrees…or until wontons are golden. Fill each cup with meat and top with cheese.
 
--------------------------------------------------
 
Asian Salmon
 

Ingredients 

Directions

  1. Make several shallow slashes in the skinless side of the salmon filets. Place filets skin-side down in a glass baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, onion and sesame oil. Pour the liquid over the salmon, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium saucepan combine the rice, water and dill weed. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium low heat until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
  3. Remove cover from salmon, and bake in the marinating dish for about 30 minutes, or until fish can be flaked with a fork. Serve salmon over the rice, and pour sauce over.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
October 31st. 2012

Yum! That looks sooooo good. LOL!
May God and HIS angels keep you and your family safe on the East Coast, during this storm.

Best Wishes and all my prayers,
Shayla Kay McCartney