Monday, February 25, 2013

Return to Blogging

I have not been a very good blogger so far in 2013.  I fear that the blog has taken a back seat to the two races I am working on for our foundation.  And everyday life has also gotten in the way.  I love the blog, and I need to be better at keeping it up.  It is a journal for our family, as well as a way to get news out about our foundation, how Finley is doing, and what the kids are up to.

This past week the kids and I went to Pennsylvania for their winter break week.  Mat couldn't come with us because he had to work, so my mom flew in the day before Arlington's birthday and road to Pennsylvania with me.

We had a great week and had a great time.  But the biggest news is that my eldest has turned 10.  10 years old - where has the time gone?  I can still remember looking at her when we got home for the first time and wondering what the heck we were going to do now.  Here we were - 3000 miles away from everyone we know, and we had a baby.  I don't think Mat had even held a baby before.

But she is still alive 10 years later, so we must be doing something right.  She has turned into a wonderful young lady.  She is my big helper, and is so good with her siblings.  She is wonderful with her friends.  She is giving and kind.  She is innocent and sweet.  Does she have some pre-teen meltdowns?  You bet.  Does she stomp her foot and look at me like I have lost my mind?  Everyday.  But it doesn't outweigh all the good things about her.  We are lucky to have her.  I don't know what I would do without her.

For her 10th birthday this year, she wanted to get her ears pierced.  So Friday (Feb. 15th - her actual birthday) - we went to the mall and had it done.  She chose very cute little lady bug earrings and she was very brave.  She has had them for a week, and things are still going well.

We went to Friendly's for her birthday dinner (her choice) and gave her some of her presents.  She had a small party the week before while her grandparents were visiting, and then we had a small party while we were in Pennsylvania, and then her party with her friends is this coming weekend.  It is the birthday that never ends.

Today I will share pictures of the birthday girl.  Tomorrow I will share the pictures from our trip - there aren't many.  We stayed pretty busy, and so I didn't always remember the camera!

Enjoy the pictures:

Opening presents from Gramma and Pappy Pletcher:


 On her 10th birthday - 2/15/13

 After she got her ears pierced:

 When did she stop being a little girl?
 Opening presents at Friendly's:

 Ice cream cake we had at Gigi's house:
 Getting ready to sing happy birthday:


Baby J trying some cake:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Happy birthday Arlington! Wow, 10 years old! That's so neat. I love your lady bug earings, so cute.

I am happy that your family can have together time, that is always nice.
It is nice to think of family.

your Friend,
Shayla