Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sleep Over

Yesterday, Mat, Arlington and Cainan left mid-afternoon to go to the New York City Comic Convention.  My kids - Mat included - love superheros and comics.  When Mat and I lived in San Diego, we used to go every year and I have to admit it is a lot of fun.  I got to meet and see many big stars (Ben Affleck, Joss Whedon, and Arnold Schwarzenegger included).

So, when we moved back to the north, Mat started taking Arlington to the Convention in NYC.  It isn't as big, but still pretty fun he says.  Cainan went last year for the first time.  Finley, I think, would like it, but she has a tough time with crowds, so she and I opted to stay behind this time.

Finley and I had a little girl time when they left.  We ordered food in (her favorite thing to do) and watched a movie.  She got a special treat of orange soda and a small bowl of marshmallows (her choice) for dessert.  She wanted to sleep in the family room (she loves the idea of sleeping on the couch.  Weirdo), so I set up she and I on the couches for the night.  We watched TV and chatted until 10pm when she finally gave in and went to sleep.
Today she played in the morning at the neighbor's house, and this afternoon she had a playdate with her bestie "L".  Now we are having dinner and watching another movie she wanted to see.  Soon it will be time for bed, and Mat and the kids will be home about 9pm.

It was fun - just she and I.  She said she had a great time and the "best night ever".   It isn't hard to please little kids. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...


10-13-13

how fun, it's fun to have some time with just Finley!

very cute pictures too!!

Shayla