Friday, June 19, 2015

Book Review #20

I am on a roll now.  Well - not with my next book.  I think it will be awhile before I finish it.  But I did read quite a few easy ones in a row.  Almost half way done with my book challenge!

Okay - this book was

Eleanor and Park


It fit in the category:

A Book By a Female Author

This is a story of two young teenagers in love.  It takes place in the 1980s.   One is a chubby red head from a very (very) poor family with a rotten stepdad and 4 siblings.  And the other is a Korean boy with a fantastic family but he is having a hard time figuring out how he fits.  They meet on the school bus and over time fall in love.

I read this book in about a day and a half.  It was hard to put it down, plus it was an easy read.  The story was sweet and I love how their relationship evolved.  It is hard to remember what that is like at 16 - to find your first love.  

What I didn't like about the book was the ending.  It isn't that the ending was written badly, It was that it didn't end the way I was hoping it would.  I wanted more.  I wanted the happy ending (spoiler!).  But it didn't happen.

But it was a good book.  If you need a summer read, put this one on your list.

Rating:  4 1/2 stars

No comments: