Monday, August 24, 2015

Pennsylvania Vacation

August is always a busy month for us.  For the last 5 years, the end of August has not meant school, it has meant Finley's annual fundraiser in Connellsville.  We spend a large portion of the month preparing for that event and on the phone with my parents who actually RUN the event.

The kids and I left for Pennsylvania on the 14th and headed for Mat's parents house.  They have recently moved into a new home (which is beautiful) and we were excited to see it.  They now live about 1 1/2 hours from Connellsville, so we spent the first half of our vacation with them.

We had a lovely time at their house.  I love my in-laws like my own parents, and we always have a good time together.  They have a beautiful pool - which the kids loved.  We had a chance to visit with Mat's sisters Jess and Teen and their families - who live very close to my in-laws.  It was a really nice weekend.

Monday  - before we headed to my parent's house - we went to the Pittsburgh Zoo.  It was a million degrees, but we had a great time.

Enjoy the pictures from that part of our trip:

The beautiful pool





 It was my brother-in-law, Frank's birthday that weekend, so we were able to celebrate with him:


 My niece and nephews drawing with Cainan
 A little fun before bed

 We had brunch on Sunday morning and Aunt Betty joined us:







 This is what happens when you refuse to take an afternoon nap:
 Painting after dinner:
 Monday at the zoo - it was so hot the elephants jumped in and were cooling off.

 gorilla taking a nap
 The zoo crew:

 My niece cuddling a souvenier:
 This polar bear was hilarious.  He saw the girls pink tigers and came down to check them out several times.  He even banged his head into the glass to try and get at them:





 Getting ready to head home:



No comments: