Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter at the Pletcher House


This year, Easter was a warm, sunny 74 degrees. It was so pretty that we got to actually take some outdoor photos of the kids in their Easter outfits.



The kids were up early, ready to egg hunt. We did chase them back to bed for about 1/2 hour because it was only 7am.



The Easter bunny hid their eggs all over the house. If we hadn't had all that rain the week prior, I think the Easter Bunny would have liked to put them outside.



The kids had a good time looking for the eggs full of goodies, and some with numbers.

The numbers corresponded with their presents. That EB. He is a pretty cool guy.



We did attend church on Sunday. I wish I would have had my video camera. The children's choir sang a song and Arlington was the loudest one!



She sung her heart out. It was pretty cute, and the people around us said "she really likes to sing!" Yes she does. All.The.Time.

After church we took some pictures and then the kids changed and played outside for a few hours.

It was hard to drag them in.



We had a nice dinner, and relaxed and watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". It was a nice day.


Yesterday proved to be a crazy day to return to work. I returned to a kid who fell so hard on the playground and he gave himself a concussion and an orbital fracture. Sigh. Poor guy. He was just a 1st grader. He came to my office looking pretty sad and said "I don't feel so good".



All he really wanted to do was sleep. I had to play 100 questions with him to keep him awake until dad got there to take him to the hospital.



Within the last three days we have had a broken arm, a broken shoulder, and now.....a broken eye. You would think that these kids have been tied to the couch for 6 months and they didn't get up at all. They are very clumsy. So excited to be outside!

I am hoping for a better day tomorrow. I wrote 2 incident reports last year.

Within the last 2 weeks - I have written 8.

Today was a busy day for our family. Arlington had her after school gymnastics class. I have to say - she is doing well. She has gotten the cartwheel down! And they climbed a rope today - pretty cool.

We came home and swallowed dinner, and then at 6pm she had softball practice. Practice, I thought was from 6-7, but it ended up being 6 "until dark". Uh, okay. We left at 7:15 - that was plenty! She is 7.

I am sure Arlington is going to sleep good tonight.

The other two are doing well. Finley is no less.....Finley. She is enjoying locking all of our doors, locking herself in rooms, pushing her brother around, and just getting into general trouble.

Every family has a Finley. I am sorry to tell my sister in law this who wants more kids. Her first baby is a good boy. That doesn't fair well for the second one.

We have three more days and then Arlington and I are on spring break. We are not going anywhere this year for Spring break. Mat has a business trip so my parents are coming for a visit for part of it. But otherwise, I am hopefully going to be getting a lot of projects done.

Yeah. We will see how well that works.

Enjoy the rest of your week! I will see you Saturday.


Enjoy a few extra pictures!


1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

I know you are not referring to my son as the 'good child'! I am hoping my next one will be calm, quiet, and a good listener - Ethan is none of those things :-)

Cute pictures!