Monday, August 2, 2010

Our week with our niece



Last week our niece "M" (Carrie and Jonathan's oldest) came to spend a week with us.  "M" just became a big sister for the third time, (to her 3rd brother) and we thought she might like to have a little girl time with Arlington and Finley.



"M" is a very sweet girl, and we had a great time.  We all enjoyed her company and were sad to see her go this morning.  (am I throwing you off by changing around the days I blog?  I am just seeing if you are paying attention).



We tried to do some fun things while she was here.  We played outside everyday, we went bowling, we went to 6 Flags, we went shopping for her big sister present and out to lunch.

Note:  I took the girls to Six Flags by myself.  Yes - I am a nut, but it wasn't hard.  No diapers and no strollers - piece of cake.  Mat was away, so we stayed busy there for 7 hours!  Also - I took my little camera, so pictures aren't terrific.

(her first ride at 6 Flags - she wasn't sure she wanted to be up there alone - but she ended up riding it 3 times)

So here are a few pictures I took while she was here.  Thanks Carrie and Jonathan for letting her stay with us.  We had a great time and we can't wait until next summer to do it again!


(getting ready to ride Bertie the Bus from Thomas the Train)  Yes - we are already hot and sweaty.


(Harold the Helicopter ride)

(we all rode these crazy high balloons.  I was the only one that was nauseated!)

(laughing at the hilariously high spinning ride that was making Aunt Jennie dizzy)

(Finley wanted a butterfly painted on her face)

(Arlington wanted to be a panda bear)

(M wanted to be a dog)

(riding the wiggles car)

(yet another spinning ride.  I had to ride with Finley and M because they were too short to ride alone.  It was a helicopter - they loved it!  And yes - we were hot.)

(on the carousel)

(riding the swings.  M is a great rider - she didn't say no to anything!)

Arlington on the swing

(having fun with a car ride.  They really loved the rides that adults didn't have to go on.  So did I!)

(this was "M"'s favorite ride.  I think she rode it at least a dozen times - full on belly laugh every time the car whipped around the corner.  It was great!)

(yet another spinning ride.  Very happy it was kids only - these girls love to go around in circles)

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.  I was so mad I forgot to take the camera when we went bowling - it was so fun.  The three girls are pretty good bowlers.  They had many great techniques to get the ball down the isle - it was fun to watch.

See you tomorrow - I will blog about the conference and then I will FINALLY be caught up!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great pictures! Thanks again for having her - I know she loved her time with you all! This will be a fun tradition to continue! Love you!

Jonathan said...

Those pictures were great. So glad she could visit with you guys. Looks like everyone had a blast!