Sunday, October 10, 2010

Homecoming Week

I am so sorry I didn't post last night.  I remembered about 11pm last night that I had not done my blog post.  Too much going on.

Anyway!  The pictures of the homecoming celebrations will coming later this week - my mom took a lot of great pictures of the fun that Finley had this week with the Connellsville High School kids.  She had a wonderful time getting to see the kids, and ride the float, and be in a parade, etc.

But the biggest news is the amount of money that the Connellsville High School and the Career and Technical Centerwas able to raise on Finley's behalf during homecoming week.  They sold chain links for 10 cents each all week long.  (this is an annual tradition).  They hang the chain links at the football game Friday night at the end of the week.

Anyway - this wonderful school raised $2087.64 for RDH12 Fund for Sight!  Can you believe it?  We were blown away.  I still cannot believe that they sold enough chain links for our little girl and were able to give us a wonderful donation.

I know mostly we hear just about the bad of teenagers.  But these teenagers took Finley in as their own.  They showed how much they cared for her, and how much they wanted to help.  She was spoiled by these kids.  Kids that didn't think of themselves - but a little girl who needed help.  They showed selflessness, love, and kindness.

There are no words to thank this group of staff and kids.  They should be so proud of themselves and what they accomplished in one week.  We thank them from the bottom of our hearts.  I cannot wait to share the picture with you.

------------------------------------

I also did my first radio interview this week.  I was nervous, but it went well.  It is easy to talk about Finley and our cause.  We even received a few phone calls after the interview - people offering to help.  It was pretty great.

Even thought Homecoming week is over - things are not slowing down in the fundraising arena!  I would like to share that we are about to make a $6100 donation to our new RDH12 Fund for Sight from donations, and sales!  We are so excited!  We are now $6100 closer to our $70,000 goal!  Thank you to everyone who has been helping us.

This coming Saturday our church is holding a bizarre and all the profits will come to our RDH12 Fund for Sight.  We can't wait!  We will be spending the day at the bizarre - selling our products and talking with people about Finley and our cause.  We are looking forward to it.

And then in TWO weeks - we are going to have a booth at a local apple festival!  This apple festival is very well attended, so we are hopeful to get the word out there as well.  We can't wait!  The more people that know about Finley and our fight, the better our chances for a cure.

So please visit our website at www.finleyfighters.com  or www.rdh12.org.  You can donate right on the websites, or please buy some Finley's Fighters products to help us spread the word about our girl.  We have sold 250 Finley's Fighters shirts since July - so there are many out there, but we want to continue to spread!

And I am still making braille shirts.  I will be making them ongoing.  They make great Christmas presents, so get yours today!


------------------------------------------

In other news - Arlington and Mat are in NYC today at a Comic convention.  Arlington was up early and excited this morning.  She went as Spidergirl.  She couldn't wait.  The little ones and I are hanging out at home today while they are gone.  I can't wait to hear all about her day and share pictures.

Arlington and I are off tomorrow for Columbus day.  The little ones are going to school, but Arlington and I will be spending the day together.  I love 4 day weeks!

Take care, and I will share all the pictures on Tuesday.  I even have some videos as well.  If you live near or in Connellsville, and you see a high school student or staff, please tell them how proud you are of them and their fundraising efforts.  They deserve to know.

See you Tuesday.

No comments: