Friday, January 11, 2013

A whole week

I just realized I haven't blogged at all this week.  We are in the January blues.  Back to school, snow on the ground, cold and gloomy days.  Not much to blog about these days.

Arlington was sick at the beginning of the week.  Over the weekend she was at a Girl Scout event, and 4 of the girls got the flu.  She didn't, but she had a headache, stomach ache, sore throat and low grade fever for two days.  So she and I stayed home, hung on the couch, watched movies and bonded.  Yeah.....bonded.

No one else got sick, thank goodness, and Arlington went back to school on Wednesday.

This week I have started working on our race sponsor letters and putting out a small fire.  Hopefully it is resolved, but it took two days worth of phone calls.  See - our small town has a huge "World Cup Soccer Day" every day, and this year?  Yeah.....it falls on June 15th.  I about died when I found out.  I called the president of the soccer club, and couldn't have gotten a nicer man.  He thinks he will be able to move the date back a week, so we don't have to worry about it.  But I was pretty panicked there.  I really let it upset me.  I think because I have worked alone on this race.  And when I mean alone, I mean without my parent's contacts.  I didn't realize how easy I have it in Connellsville getting that race together.  40 years living in the same community will do that for you.

Thank goodness I have wonderful friends and a wonderful neighborhood that have been helping find who I need to contact.  And I was pretty proud of myself that I got everything I needed to do this race in Massachusetts.  Things were sailing along.......until.  So that is why I lost it.  My wonderful friend Maria got to deal with my tears and hyperventilation, and talk me down off the ledge.

So.....back on track.  Today the sun was shining, and I got to meet my friend Lindsay for lunch.  We are like minded sushi lovers, and I haven't seen her (or had a chance to eat sushi) since before the holidays.  So I was glad to see her.

Down side?  My GPS (and Boston) hates me so I got really, really lost.  It took me over 2 hours to go on a 45 minutes trip.  Luckily Lindsay is patient and easy going, and helped me get where I need to be.  It was quite embarrassing, but I am so glad I got to catch up with her.  She is so fun to be with.

So now on to a busy weekend.  Girl Scout field trip for Arlington, play date for Finley, tennis, Kumon, on and on.

Hopefully I will remember to take some pictures this weekend so you can see that all the kids are still alive and well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


I'm happy yu got to spend quality time with your friend!

Things are quite buisy around here too! LOL!

I hope you have a less buesy day tomarrow.

Your Friend,
Shayla