Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Has it really been 12 days since I blogged?  Between the nice weather and the count down to the June event for Finley, I have been a really bad blogger!

I had a wonderful mother's day today.  Well, it became wonderful AFTER the fact that Finley woke us up at 7:15am crying that she didn't have anything for me for Mother's day.  This wasn't true, of course - she had just given it to me on Friday.  But she had to have something TODAY she told us.  She woke up her sister and brother and asked them to help her make something which just made them grumpy.  Broke my heart how hard she was trying but I was not overly joyed to be up so early.

After I talked with her, she settled down.  But by now - the whole house is awake.  Mat made breakfast for the kids and we went off to church.  It was a beautiful service - the men of the church sang Amazing grace for the mothers.  And the pastor talked about mothers and even about being an adoptive mother, which I thought was really great.

After church, we went out to lunch.  I picked my new favorite Chinese restaurant.  The girls whined (a lot) about eating there, but then discovered that the food was good and they would survive.  Cainan, who eats anything that resembles food was happy to go wherever.  Lunch was delicious and fun.

This afternoon we spent outside.  The rain passed and the sun came out, so we went out to enjoy the warm day.  Yes I did yard work on Mother's day, but for me, this is not a chore.  I was planting some new plants (I even got MORE on the way for my mother's day present from the family) and letting the kids dig in the dirt to their hearts content.

This evening we went for ice cream at our local homemade ice cream parlor.  It was jammed, of course, but worth the wait.  Yum.  Yum.

This evening, Arlington helped me make sure all the baskets for the basket raffle were correct and added the new things we have received over the next two weeks.  She was a big help.  Things keep coming and the raffle is going to be AMAZING.  I can't wait to post all the goodies!

No picture today.  So sad.  I wanted to take a picture of me with the kids, but unfortunately we ran out of time after lunch before Arlington had to be at tennis practice.  Hopefully tomorrow I will get a picture of us together!

Happy Mother's day to all of the mother's out there.  I hope you had a wonderful day.  I enjoyed my day with my three beautiful children.  Arlington, who made me a mother, Cainan who taught me what it meant to be a mother no matter where your baby was born, and Finley who finished our family.  I couldn't be happier.

"Mother Love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible" - Marion Garetty


3 comments:

Anonymous said...



I am happy you had a good Mother's day, so good to hear!

we did too.

always,
Shayla

The Kovalls said...

Getting up at 7:15 would be sleeping in at our house! My boys were so excited to celebrate, they woke up at 6:07. Thanks, guys :-)

Anonymous said...


May 14Th, 2013

Dear Pletcher Family, I hope I am not being bothersome to you,
''I think your family rocks!''

Can you please post a few pictures of the kiddos?

That would be nice....enjoy the sunny weather.

Always, Shayla